RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I can't lower my RR from standard height to any of the lower settings. but it will go up easily and respond to down arrow from there.
Can anyone help. :roll: :think:

best regds

kapila

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
something jammed under the rear axle? or a bad height sensor- if it doesn't know how high it is, it won't go down for safety, but you should have a soft fault so I don't think that's it....

does the access height light blink? or won't even select lower than standard?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shupack said:
something jammed under the rear axle? or a bad height sensor- if it doesn't know how high it is, it won't go down for safety, but you should have a soft fault so I don't think that's it....

Hi,
First, I dnt get a soft fault and the access height light won't even blink.
once in stndard height it wont mve down. I had a feeling that switch is the culprit, but when ignition on all lights show up and then settles at the std height light ,when engine started.

best regds

kapila

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kmagnuss said:
Are you doing this while parked, or driving?

Hi,

It's while parked. I don't touch EAS while on move.
I've checked with inhibiter on & off, but same results.

And also checked under the axels but nothing unusual.
:think:
best regds

kapila

edit- my problem is EAS never can be made to go low. It will go up frm std height to 4wd height and will come down to std height not to any of the low settings.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shupack said:
that sounds like an electrical issue to me, you must need a bigger hammer....
Hi,
Pls be more specfic.
What fuses, relays etc etc should I check?

thanks & regds

kapila :shock:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

It apperas that I'm all alone on this issue :crybaby2: :shock:

Since it is not an isuue that I can't live with, I WILL LEAVE IT AS IT IS :pray:

Thnaks & regds

kapila

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shupack said:
Sorry, you need the ETM and a volt-meter for starters.
I love it man, some light at the end of tunnel. :thumb:

I have the RAVE cd.
Tell me where to start .
:pray:
thanks & regds

kapila

·
Registered
931 Posts
kapilamuni said:
shupack said:

Hi,
First, I dnt get a soft fault and the access height light won't even blink.
once in stndard height it wont mve down. I had a feeling that switch is the culprit, but when ignition on all lights show up and then settles at the std height light ,when engine started.

best regds

kapila
I would be surprised if the the switch is faulty.I think it uses the same set of contacts to initiate any Down selection and another set to initiate a Up selection.
As yours does come down fron extended to normal,they should be working.
I suggest you download the free EAS software from Roverrenovations ,buy/make up a cable.This will allow you to access the EAS system and read stored errors and also exercise the system and see if it will go down to highway and access modes using the software. :thumb:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi John,

Thanks. `8) :idea:
I just ordered the cable thro ebay. It'll be with me within 7 days.
As u said, I 'll give it a try & see.

best regds

kapila

·
Registered
361 Posts
Does it lower to ´highway´ height automatically when you are travelling at highway speed? And then come up to normal after you stop?
Just a thought.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes. It does.
The prob is with lowest two levels.

regds

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,

Got the cable yesterday frm flea bay & down loaded the sftware frm 'RSW SOLUTIONS' ( highly appreciate their effort , free advice & software `8) ) .
Read the fllwing faults

0 - FL signal incorrect
7 - Vehicle has moved

F8 F9 FA FB FC
1 128 0 0 0

Also, I managed to get the following data,

FL FR RL RR
159 155 133 130 HIGH
133 127 104 102 STD
115 111 90 89 LOW
86 85 69 68 ACCESS

I can't understand what it says. But, after the abve session part of my problem vanished.
I.E. Now when I press down arrow it jumps direct to ACCESS height & vice versa. No indication of LOW height.
( I couldn't use the software to move it UP or DOWN , as I was not very familiar with the software.)
Pls help. :think:

thanks & regds

kapila

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
kapilamuni said:
0 - FL signal incorrect
You may have a dodgy heght sensor. Suggest you clear the faults, then check for new faults again in a few weeks - if that same fault comes back then you may have a dodgy height sensor.
kapilamuni said:
7 - Vehicle has moved
This can be ignored - it is just part of the internal system management and is not relevant to fault finding. (The system uses one of the fault code memory locations to store if the body has moved against the frame, since the engine/EAS was last operating.)

kapilamuni said:
F8 F9 FA FB FC
1 128 0 0 0
This is just the raw 'fault code' data retrieved from the EAS computer and is an encoded representation' of the two faults that are listed at the top of the page.

kapilamuni said:
I can't understand what it says. But, after the abve session part of my problem vanished.
I suspect that during your session you clicked the 'clear faults' button, which will then allow the EAS computer to run correctly.
kapilamuni said:
I.E. Now when I press down arrow it jumps direct to ACCESS height & vice versa. No indication of LOW height.
This is normal EAS system operation - if the 'EAS inhibit' button is not depressed. Suggest you have a read of your User Manual and it will explain.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi,
Thanks for quick responce.
Yes. After reading the faults I cleared them.

But when I press 'DOWN' from the std height it won't move to 'LOW' height. It straight away goes to 'ACCESS' height., as if there is no 'LOW' height. During that even the Low indicator light won't come. Same thing happens when going up frm 'ACCESS', it won't come to LOW. Instead it jumps to 'STD' height. :doh:
Before the session with 'EAS software, both LOW & ACCESS heights were not reachable or rather non existing.

Can you also comment on the 16 heights, read from EAS.Any unusual observation?
Further, pls tell me how to move the RANGIE up or down from the software.

thanks & regds

kapila

·
Registered
931 Posts
kapilamuni said:
But when I press 'DOWN' from the std height it won't move to 'LOW' height. It straight away goes to 'ACCESS' height., as if there is no 'LOW' height. During that even the Low indicator light won't come. Same thing happens when going up frm 'ACCESS', it won't come to LOW. Instead it jumps to 'STD' height. :doh:
Before the session with 'EAS software, both LOW & ACCESS heights were not reachable or rather non existing.
This is NORMAL operation of the EAS system. If you wish to manually select LOW height, you must press the 'auto change inhibit' button next to the height indicator Leds. :doh: `)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts