RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P38 is on coils, but I've been toying with the idea of restoring the EAS. I would plan on buying new Arnott GIII bags, and a new compressor, but was wondering if there are any current forum members rebuilding the valve blocks. I know part kits are available but I don't have the time or desire to do the job myself.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I did it myself, didn't take too long actually.
You can buy a repair kit for the compressor too, saves you a lot!! So you can buy more Rover spare parts. ;)

If you go back to air, make sure you have Sachs or Boge shocks, all other will be too stiff I was told , you won't regret it!

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
Why fit Arnotts? Dunlop originals are cheaper and better.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I guess everyone has their opinion. I fitted Gen3's years ago and have loved them ever since. Never really noticed the difference when I had the OEM bags on the car. Still drives amazing both on and off road to me.

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
219 Posts
I have rebuilt both EAS blocks in both my P38’s a couple times now over the years and 1st time is about 2 1/2-3 hours 3-4 th time is about an hour and a half. I’m running gen2’s on both as well, been 3-4 years now on the oldest set. I think the 96 is running generic gen2’s from eBay. Ran in the 150.00 a pair price range. I think they were a name brand but don’t remember.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I guess everyone has their opinion. I fitted Gen3's years ago and have loved them ever since. Never really noticed the difference when I had the OEM bags on the car. Still drives amazing both on and off road to me.
Are those the bags who have softer suspension when high and stiffer when low?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts