RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal: :? my '05 RR started raising in the front for no apparent reason, would then drop down and behave for a few days, then the front goes way up again. Replaced the valve block with the above part number at a local shop who diagnosed the problem. Went to the local dealer today because of a possible bad amp that still had warranty, and asked while there about the cost of replacing a front"valve block", assuming the dealer would have charged me a lot more. Apparently, per the dealer, my vin number says that there are two parts that should have been replaced: the valve block and a related solenoid, while later models use a different set-up that requires only the valve block. The dealer shop foreman says my RR has a valve block for the front wheels, and one for the back. Curious, I then asked the guy at the independent shop how many valve blocks my vin # RR has, and he replies only one (for all wheels). So now I'm a bit confused, because if the independent is correct, and only used that part number, then the RR dealer sells that part for $721, while the independent charged me $913, plus 2 hrs labor. If the dealer is correct, i.e. two parts are needed (valve block and solenoid per my vin #) that charge would have been close to $1250. Two days later, the EAS is working properly, but I'm concerned with the credibility of the independent vs. the dealer until someone can tell me if they know (a) how many valve blocks does an '05 RR have, and (b) what is the correct price for the above referenced part number. Happy New Year to all of the fine lads (and ladies) who have provided advise and guidance today and in the past, and may your year be full of health, wealth and happiness, with as few visits to the repair shop as possible. Cheers :D

D

·
0 Posts
The Range Rover has

1 Valve block
1 Front cross link valve
1 Rear cross link valve

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank's for the education. So that means different vin numbers don't have a different set up within the '05 model year.
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts