RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m stumped on this one. I rebuilt my valve block and all was working fine. Then when I added 400 lbs of lumber to my roof rack I had a EAS fault but made it home. It later hard faulted down to the bumpstops. I used my RSW Solutions EAS software and read a RIght Rear valve stuck open. The rear end drooped and the compressor kept cycling off and on. I read about that code meaning that the compressor was failing. I installed a brand new compressor. No issues until I loaded more lumber on the roof and soft faulted but made it home before the hard fault. After waiting 5 minutes. I started it up it filled and no issues.
Checked code and got. FR signal incorrect
And RL signal incorrect. 2 months ago I installed brand new front ride height sensors. I cleaned out the connectors with electrical cleaner several times.
My thoughts are my RL ride height sensor has a dead spot. I’ll clean it and try it again.
Not sure in the FR sensor since it is new.
I also think my Rear valves are getting stuck open and or closed occasionally. Which valves are those? The NRV’s or the individual solinoids for the rear? Those I think I can remove and clean without pulling the valve block. Right? It seems to only fault when I have loaded my truck down and it tries to self level based on the ride height sensors. I’m I thinking correctly?

·
Super Moderator
2,311 Posts
Valve stuck open or closed faults don't actually mean what they say. The ECU commands a valve to open and as a result, expects to see a change in height. If it doesn't see one it assumes the valve is stuck. So it might be down to a leak at that corner or a faulty height sensor but only very rarely a stuck valve.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Makes sense. All 4 air springs are new and I sprayed and didn’t find any leaks.
Mill move forward with cleaning the rear ride height sensors. Maybe that will clear it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts