RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new on this forum but not new to Rovers, I on on LandRoversOnly.com but use this site more for research. I have a 1999 P38 Range, it threw it self into a hard fault a while back, I tested the compressor and it was dead when I jumped the relay. (this truck had a valve block rebuild, and new arnott bags front and rear) All I got was a click when jumping relay. Ordered compressor installed it, got the system manually pumped up and I tried using my USB to purpose built serial cable that previous owner made himself and i tried it all - switching com ports etc...

All the truck will do it keep saying eas fault and max 35mph and series of beeps when trying to connect the Eas unlock suite I get the FF, 1 in the TX box but the RX is just PP.

So now ive borrowed a friends laptop with a serial port on it, still wasnt able to get a connection I have no clue why? Can anyone help here? I know the eas will work if I can get the codes erased.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Do you notice the tx:0 > rx:5e > tx:0 > rx:5e > tx:0 > rx:5e when you try to initialise? If your getting nothing and you've opened the right comport (check device manager), check your connections aren't corroded, either at the OBDII connection or the connection behind the LHD kick panel.

Check the cable made against the diagram shown in the EAS suite.

·
Registered
133 Posts
By selecting the right comm port you will get a always green "initialize", some ports will show up green but will flicker red and that does not work. I always find the correct port by trial, but you can use one of the more "advanced" methods as suggested above.
My guess will be the cable or car connection(s). The software is very good, i usually do it with the windows Vista, the biggest crap OS ever, and i´ve no issues with usb drivers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts