RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 DHSE

Compressor Keeps Running Problem!!!
So today is a sunny day.....so had another attack on the EAS!!

Slow to raise in morning......But not today strangley!!!!

The pump test is good.....she is putting out hard strong air. The tank seems to fill quickly with door open.

I have performed a diaphram test....no air out of exhaust when compressor running.

The NRV valve test passed also, air was coming out of exhaust slowly but could easily stop it with my finger.

I have used soapy water on every connection (air bags are fine as held height for a week at standard and motorway height!).

I fitted a new dryer today, and those connections are good also.
Fitted new exhaust also.

The pump will fill the cylinder and stop!

The pump seems to run randomly after height selection, I can raise to the top, it will click on for 15 seconds, then click off. If i raise to standard height, there will be a lot of valve clicking, then the pump will run for ages.........Sometimes not!!
The problem is weird....

The compressor is acting EXACTLY the same way it did before

a) I serviced it....
b) Replaced it!!!
c) Replaced the valve block..........

I am wondering if the front sensors are triggering all this??? I swopped them to remove a sensor fault (which it did).

There is always a little dancing on the front, compressor clicks on for 5 seconds, then a bit more dancing, then the compressor runs continuely (and I think the front lifts a tiny tiny bit)

Anyone have any advice?
Anyone in Kent can help?
Anyone know a reasonable garage in Kent?

Help!!

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Just because your bags don't leak at one setting doesn't mean they won't leak at a different setting. Bags MUST be checked for leaks at each setting.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Look where the pressure switch is located, no wonder the compressor kicks on and off like a yoyo. As soon as a valve or two open, on it comes. Valve block should have been fed by the tank alone, not the compressor too.
If all mechanical stuff has been covered, it may be driver pack time. The dancing is also a sign of the driver pack too. Good news is, it will do it for a long time before giving up the ghost.

Martin

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
This is another time when having a pressure gauge connected at tank pressure is really useful for diagnostics. Have you done the most basics things like pulling the delay timer and seeing if it drops over a night or two? Dancing and compressor running is also a sign of a leaky bag.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is another time when having a pressure gauge connected at tank pressure is really useful for diagnostics. Have you done the most basics things like pulling the delay timer and seeing if it drops over a night or two? Dancing and compressor running is also a sign of a leaky bag.
Thanks, bags ok. She stood for a week on the high, then motorway heights, without losing height.

I suspect the NRV in the new valve block!

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
568 Posts
As stated in my reply to your previous post, my money is in the valve block.....o-ring or similar.....Also whilst I am sure you have, check the airline collet ....rear wheel arch."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As stated in my reply to your previous post, my money is in the valve block.....o-ring or similar.....Also whilst I am sure you have, check the airline collet ....rear wheel arch."
The collet on the tank? Sprayed soapy water on that... No bubbles.

The valve block is new, but I suspect you could be right. If I put the car at height, wait 5 minutes and remove the exhaust, a tiny amount of air comes out! I suspect that is the NRV?

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
568 Posts
I actually meant the very top of the rear bag......access via the rear wheel arch....I think it may be called the collet flange.....I got better access to mine to test rather than under the car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually meant the very top of the rear bag......access via the rear wheel arch....I think it may be called the collet flange.....I got better access to mine to test rather than under the car.
Ah, you mean the Collets at the top of the rear bags? I admit I have not checked them, but the car stands at height all week, in fact I have tried different heights for several weeks....no drop. So assume no leak at the bags???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts