RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi it over time it has become worse my EAS is taking ages to go into any heigh setting once it gets there there are no problems about lowering and when I leave it over night it holds its height.Im thinking the compressor is not putting out enough air is there a set of seals or gaskets I can change to improve the output of the device. One other thing I changed the inlet filter over the weekend but it did nothing.

·
Registered
931 Posts
If it is your compressor,then get a compressor rebuild kit from Rover renovations.(shupack) :thumb:

But your compressor will probably have worn out due to excessive use due to a leak.Remember there is a air storage tank under the vehicle and when the eas is raising the air comes from the storage tank,so if it is not holding pressure then the pump will have to compensate for this. :think:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thinking is that there is not enough air in the storage tank or it is taking ages for pressure to build up.Will get one of those rebuild kits and work from there thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Check for air leaks first, soapy water in a squirty bottle is you best friend when it comes to hunting down air leaks.

Compressor head o ring will require changing but I just had my reed valve go on my larger compressor
As you are in dusty Namibia I would also carry out the air filter mod, works really well, pics on my blog will give you more info

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi yes in dusty Nam i did see the mod on you blog might try it out but I did recently change the filter with no change. Im planning on checking for leak on saturday will also open up the compressor and check the seals.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a piston seal in the garage (if I can find it) - I never got to fit it as the Allen key head broke in the crank screw and I can't get it out.

If you need it then it may be quicker to post up from here and we can work something out once you get home?

Dave

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offer Dave I have already ordered the seal although now when Ileave the car over night the front suspension drop to bumps and the rear stays up

·
Registered
931 Posts
JeremyD said:
Thanks for the offer Dave I have already ordered the seal although now when Ileave the car over night the front suspension drop to bumps and the rear stays up
Is this with the EAS timer removed or not?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got under the car with a spray bottle and some soapy water couldnt find a leak anywere i also felt the intake side of the compressor and it doesnt seem to be sucking too much im still convinced the compressor seal is gone

·
Registered
517 Posts
JeremyD said:
just got under the car with a spray bottle and some soapy water couldnt find a leak anywere i also felt the intake side of the compressor and it doesnt seem to be sucking too much im still convinced the compressor seal is gone
A compressor fault will not cause the front to drop. You need to find why it is dropping. Remove the EAS relay/timer under the seat and leave overnight. If it still drops you have a leak. If this isn't sorted you will just destroy any new or repaired compressor.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
but a dead compressor will stop the front from coming back up. Since it's not sucking in at the filter, it's not working right.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I opened up the compressor today to take a peak inside the seal is stuffed but luckily I have one being shipped to me I also removed the filter to feal how good the sucktion was and it isnt doing much the sleave the compressor runs in is luckily still ok so once I have fitted the replacement seals I will update as to what is going on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts