RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure I have read about this before but after trying a search I could not find it. After using the upper setting to mount a kerb (slowly) I then parked and left it like this for a short while. When I returned the top and bottom lights flasshed on startup as they normally do but then did not stop and go off but instead after quite a while stopped on. I cannot make the suspension go up or down it just stays in high. I have tried pulling the battery an leaving then reconnecting but with no joy. Any ideas?

·
Registered
49 Posts
G'day,

While picking up my unit from the mechanics, the same christmas light thingy happened to me.
The mechanic connected into the harness and examined the fault code, determined that a wheel high sensor had exceeded its normal operating parameter.....
He then simply grabbed the workshop trolly jack and jacked the car up by the chassis at the wheel that was showing the fault.
Once in the air, he turned on the ignition and waited 5 seconds - then released the jack quickly causing the car to fall heavily on the suspension...

Problem fixed !

See if that helps.

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I do not know which one it might be so I tried it on all four corners. No joy I'm afraid /:(

I tried it with just the ignition on and also with the engine started as the lights do not flash until it is running.

Oh well back to the garage I suppose.

:crybaby2:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hiya,

Something I only now realise I forgot to mention... he had to reset/clear the fault code using Testbook (or the like) before the lights/display would behave as normal.

Anyone with more knowledge care to chime in ?

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK been back to the garage and he could not get the codes to clear :-( Using Autologic. He cleared all the other codes from the engine and abs last time but could not clear the out of range and other codes this time. So I am stuck. Will it go through an MOT like this as that is due soon.

·
Registered
300 Posts
TehPriest said:
OK been back to the garage and he could not get the codes to clear :-( Using Autologic. He cleared all the other codes from the engine and abs last time but could not clear the out of range and other codes this time. So I am stuck. Will it go through an MOT like this as that is due soon.
What other codes did he find? and which sensors were out of range? :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi.

Yes It was Promec. Mike tried for an hour but could not clear them. He is more experienced with P38 onwards so it was a little hit and miss.

There were about four pages of codes but I think they all but a few said out of range. Front right was definately one of them.

I have found the free software from RSW solutions but do not have a RS232 to Diag plug lead. Ayone here have one to lend or sell?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I can borrow one from a chap in work over the weekend, if you can come down tomorrow bring your laptop and we'll have a go or I can call up one evening next week after work.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check with the below company. I got cables from them for the RSW software. They may be able to help or point you in the right direction. They are located on your side of the pond.

[email protected] or Tel: 01271 321001

good luck

Parker
1993 LWB Plymouth Blue

·
Registered
27 Posts
TehPriest said:
I have found the free software from RSW solutions but do not have a RS232 to Diag plug lead. Ayone here have one to lend or sell?
I have one of those connectors here in California...but it doesn't do you any good in the U.K. :roll:

You can get one in the U.K. easily enough though.

I'll save mine for someone who has a '95 in the States.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just got the software and rs232 to usb working a few months ago, it's awesome!!!!! One thing that's worked for me in the past is to swap the two front height sensors from side to side as they effectively have 'double tracks' inside them. But yes, it'll be of little benefit untill the fault is cleared.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts