RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During those years, i've seen plenty of EAS problems. Maybe 100 range rover were successfully diagnosed and repaired at the shop or hundred miles away.

Thanks to this great bulletin board for my knowledge and thanks to Shupack mainly :clap:

I've never seen this case.

Symptoms are Rear Right signal incorrect, vehicle going up and down with doors open(i've never seen that).

I clear the faults, vehicle moves with doors open and goes at fault again.

Normally with a faulty height sensor or lack of height sensors, EAS goes almost immediately at fault.

I replaced the height sensor without success. Didn't do recalibration because i always try to have some luck and not being force to do it. Even with the calibration blocks it's a long job.

May you help me again?

I highly suspect the drive box or some electrical connectors near the valve block 8-|=

Cheers

Flo

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: EAS strange case, vehicle goes up and down with doors open!!

Hi Flo,

have you been able to read the feedback signal from the height sensor via a diagnos software?
I had a similar problem and it was the contact at the height sensor that had been full of water after som offroading in deep water, which caused the signal from the potentiometer to give at some times incorrect values. I could see with the Faultmate that the signal was spoardically giving very strange values. Cleaning the contact and spray with some contact spray solved the problem.
I can not remember if my problem occured also while a door was open.
This problem did not give any "Fault messages", just sporadic high and low leveling of that air spring.

Regards,

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,781 Posts

I had a right front sensor that kept popping "out of range". On one of the instances, but was not able to recreate, the EAS was fully operational with the eas fault on the dash and error code recorded. A driver pack swap fixed all my quirks. Well all the trucks quirks, mine aren;t so easy to tame. :wink:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ronron said:
Hi Flo,

have you been able to read the feedback signal from the height sensor via a diagnos software?
I'll try it that but it's strange since the height sensor is new. Contact cleaned the connectors and that kind of range rover P38 owner stays on asphalt.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

rrtoadhall said:
I had a right front sensor that kept popping "out of range". On one of the instances, but was not able to recreate, the EAS was fully operational with the eas fault on the dash and error code recorded. A driver pack swap fixed all my quirks. Well all the trucks quirks, mine aren;t so easy to tame. :wink:
I'll swap a complete EAS valve block and drive box tomorrow to see if it comes from this area or from the height sensor.

G

·
0 Posts

One door, or many different doors?

Just a thought, but if you're sat in the drivers seat with the same door open every time, is there a fault with the door sensor saying it's closed when it is in fact open?
I could see this being the case if it were the same door every time, but not if you have differnet doors / boot (trunk) bonnet (hood) open as well.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts

Flo - I put a set of new Genuine Part height sensors on my p38 about 6 months ago. I have a similar problem in that the car was bouncing up and down when in normal ride height. Turns out one of the new sensors is faulty giving messy readings.

·
Registered
931 Posts

After reading the bit about up/down with doors open,I thought I would throw this out for comment.
My 95 4.6 has always auto levelled(lowers itself) when the doors/tailgate are open.Dosent matter which one or any combination thereof.I know this for sure because it has happened when I have been working under the vehicle(yes I had left tailgateplus a least one door open),Ihave heard the solenoids clicking in the valve block as the vehicle lowers.If a door is open it does say so on the message centre.
If I start the engine and then try to raise the vehicle.it will not rise if a door is open.Similarly if it is raising and I open any door ,it immediately stops raising until the door is closed again. :shock:

Anybody else experienced this?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts

something In the wiring I think, according to rave, and what I've seen, the RR should NOT MOVE with a door open for safety's sake. The BECM gathers the door open signals and sends one "door open" signal to the EAS, this line may have lost connection, or is shorted (whichever way is "bad")

·
Registered
931 Posts

shupack said:
something In the wiring I think, according to rave, and what I've seen, the RR should NOT MOVE with a door open for safety's sake. The BECM gathers the door open signals and sends one "door open" signal to the EAS, this line may have lost connection, or is shorted (whichever way is "bad")
Dennis,that is what I thought initially.If that is the case then why will the EAS not raise when asked to do so via the manual selection switch,if any door is open. :think:

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts

No input on the sensor I'm afraid, but I do have some experciences with EAS working with doors open.

First is with Rovacom connected: happens on most (all?) cars, when accessing either the BECM or EAS the car want's to level, despite one or more doors being open.
Paige, my old DT, also lowered sometimes with a door open, and once even raised her rear with the tailgate open. As it wasn't a reoccuring problem I never fully investigated.

·
Registered
931 Posts

Escape said:
No input on the sensor I'm afraid, but I do have some experciences with EAS working with doors open.

First is with Rovacom connected: happens on most (all?) cars, when accessing either the BECM or EAS the car want's to level, despite one or more doors being open.
Paige, my old DT, also lowered sometimes with a door open, and once even raised her rear with the tailgate open. As it wasn't a reoccuring problem I never fully investigated.
Ah at least Im not the only one to experience this happening.The rest of the EAS works fine.I dont intend to try and fix it as it may cause other issues.Still would be nice to know why it will lower ,but not raise :doh: :think:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts