RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres what happened.

I let the truck sit overnight, and it must have been on an uneven surface because of snow. Also, the very cold temperatures didn't help. Anyway, when I started my truck this morning the rocker switch indicated the truck was in low position and was trying to raise to normal. After letting the truck warm up a few minutes, the EAS still didn't raise, so I drove the 4 miles to work. while driving, the EAS service light went on on the dashboard (looks like a yellow suv with an upwards arrow) and and the rocker switch led lights all turned on. I really hope I didn't ruin something by driving while it was trying to lift. any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, it's not lowered. I think it's in normal position. the air suspension warning light and rocker led lights remain on but there are no other warnings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am now getting the EAS failure warning signal and the 35 mph max signal :( I have to drive 30 miles after work to get it looked at. I was hoping letting it sit for a few hours would get the com[pressor to refill or something. darn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up an EAS buddy from a forum member on another site. from everything I've read theat should do the trick... knock on wood crosses fingers

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
That is not going to fix your issue. All that will do is clear the error. You need to track down the actual cause of the error before you burn out your compressor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the mechanic I took it to said the eas looked fine and everything worked fine. It raises and lowers etc its just that he couldnt get the fault light to turn off. he checked all the computers and everything was fine

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
If everything was fine the error would not be showing. Is your mechanic using LR diagnostic equipment? Most equipment will not read the EAS system.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I doubt everything is 'fine.' You're probably experiancing the same thing I did (today in fact)

You've got a leak somewhere, most likely exacerbated by the cold temperature. Your compressor gave up trying to fill the EAS after a while because it couldn't keep the air in them. Of course, mine was easier to diagnosis considering my rears are all jacked up at the moment while my fronts are on the bumpstops! I look like some weird crazy British hot rod ATM.

When you say an afternoon with the kit, is that a reliable ETA? Or one based on working in a full shop with lifts, etc?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts