RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past summer I replaced the coils under the P38 with all new Gen-III air bags. Replaced a broken height sensor. Rebuilt the air compress and valve block.
Everything works great... I think at least.
The normal and extended settings work correctly.

The EAS system only drops down to the high speed setting on the freeway. I was wondering if this is a height setting I should be able to manual select with the rocker on the dash and be able to use in parking garages?

Should the extremely low setting work if the vehicle is moving 10mph? (I think not, but wanted to verify)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
Read your owners manual. 8-|=

Access mode is used for parking garages. once lowered press the inhibit button to activate crawl mode for driving in limited height facilities. It has a low limited MPH speed before the system will deactivate and raise back up.

Highway mode is automatic, but can be locked once it has lowered.

Wading is a bit higher than standard used for off road obstacles or crossing streams. It also has a speed limit before dropping to standard.

Extended mode is NOT manually selectable. It is a system only height activated automatically when the EAS senses being high centered.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If you press the inhibit button in while at normal height, the rocker will allow you to manually step through them and select highway height then access height, rather than jumping from normal to access as it does without the inhibit switch pushed in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts