Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out this weekend and had an unfortunate Hard Fault on the EAS Unit with the 35 MPH Max Speed. I have had it in the shop for a faulty pressure switch and they could not reset the codes, so they sent it to Rover Dealership. They could not reset the fault codes and told me that the compressor was going out. I have been manually filling the air tank for the last week but when I got it back from the dealer, I found fresh leaks at the air block where the air spring lines go in. Was going to order a o-ring kit and compressor rebuild kit this week, but socal is out of stock of the Compressor kits. To get me home, I went and purchased tire valves, high pressure fuel line, and hose clamps. I read the section on bypassing the fault codes with the jumper wires on the ECU Connector and aired up the springs just fine with a compressor. I would like to know if anyone knows what pressure I should run in each spring. I pressured them to 60 PSI, but I would like to know what the different pressures are for the different ride heights. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I want to add pressure gauges to each line so that I can monitor each one (Easier that a tire pressure gauge). I will take pics and post them when I complete this if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Texas Yeti

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Using jumpers does not clear the faults it only clears the warning on your message centre. Additionally your PSI is going to vary between front and rear as well as load such as how full you fuel tank is, if you have a passenger etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the input, I downloaded the software to reset everything once I rebuild the valve block and compressor, but I still want to leave the valves that I installed for emergency use like the Rover Raiser or the MARS system. I just don't want to air the springs up too much and cause them to leak or blow out. Plus I will have to remain using them until I find a rebuild kit for the compressor.

·
Registered
408 Posts
When I first put my @001 back onto EAS I ran a MARS kit alone until I had time to rebuild the compressor and valve block. I did not take any notice of what pressure I was running in the air bags, I measured from the ground to the lower lip of each wheel arch and just made sure each side was as close as possible, I seem to remember I found 31" to be a nice height and ride!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I guess I'll let some pressure out. At 60psi it is riding tall (Although I kind of like it that way). I just don't want to take a corner and have an airbag go out on me when it compresses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.