Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha All,
I KNOW I have read a thread within the last year pertaining to this problem.
EAS works fine, however it will settle over time to the stops UNLESS I leave it parked in Extended height mode.
Then it will stay up for months.
Valve block? or sensors....I know I read about it at some point, but cannot find the thread...(I really did search, Mr Toad!)
Thanks!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Yes you deserve to be razzed.

Its the Bags.

The extra pressure helps seal one of your bags that is getting old. Was my experience as well. To be sure you have to play with soapy water for a while.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you might jump to this conclusion, it was my first stop but alas, no. Bags are Arnott Gen II's and are only 2 years old, and I have done the soap test finding no leaks.
I have really been looking, and know I have read a thread detailing my issue. I seem to recall, it has something to do with height sensors, but mine all seem to report in as normal when I run the EAS with the MSV2 Extreme hooked up.
I am thinking valve body?
Guess If no one recalls posting, I will give Scotty a holler and get a Kit. I have a spare body I can rebuild and swap in.
Thanks tho'
TC

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers!
I can whip that in in about 1/2 hour! I have lots of those cube relays.
Great stuff, I will report back, and hey! even if it still turns out to be the valve body, I will have one less annoying thing to go wrong!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
+1 for ICEBERG

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Cheers!
I can whip that in in about 1/2 hour! I have lots of those cube relays.
Great stuff, I will report back, and hey! even if it still turns out to be the valve body, I will have one less annoying thing to go wrong!
Why not put some of your new found enthusiasm for butchering and bodging into proper diagnosis instead, and at least consider some of the other proper advice you asked to receive.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, If there was any other advice from the forum, I would be able to contemplate it. I got just one bit of advice from the forum, and as far as boogering and boodging, I actually think disabling auto leveling when Ign is off has some merit. Did you perhaps have something constructive to add?
I have soaped this thing till it's squeaky clean and I find no leaks in the bags or piping (Sorry Iceberg, and thanks for the suggestion all the same!), on the FM it shows good linearity on all sensors when cycled all the way up and down no flat spots or noticeable glitches on the sensors.
I suppose If I was to dump a bucket of soapy water on the valve body it may show something?
I have spent quite some time on "proper diagnosis", and was hoping to get some constructive advice like "Wow!, That's got to be a leaky valve body!" I am disappointed to get snarky abuse instead.
Incidentally, I am creating a plug in test set up of the mod before cutting a single precious wire.
Cheers.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,833 Posts
You say you soaped things up... did you soap up the bags at each height setting? I think you will find Iceberg is correct adn I would have deducted the same thing. As noted in piles of threads you must test for leaks in each setting. The fact that it doesn't leak in extended mode but does in others points to bags. If it were the valve block it would leak in all settings.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I was going to say check your airsprings for leaks AT EACH HEIGHT SETTING but din't when you said you already checked the airsprings for leaks and came up with nothing..... so I didn't.

I can't think of anything else that would cause the car to drop on some height settings but not on others- assuming it's parked on level ground in each case.

So apart from a general endorsement of what Toad's asking, I got nothing.

Sorry to not have been more helpful. To be honest I been lurking on here waiting to see if anything constructive comes up!

If you HAVEN'T checked for leaks at each height setting then give it a go. If you still can't find leaks in the airsprings then maybe installing manual inflation valves (tyre valves with 6mm OD push-in connectors scabbed to the end of them) onto the airspring lines and then inflating the airsprings directly to see if the car still drops might be a useful next step.

If nothing else, that'll tell you if the problem is in the airlines (it can happen but won't produce symptoms like you're having) and airsprings or further upstream.... which would be a step forward, no?

Good luck buddy

·
Registered
408 Posts
Pull the self level relay from under the drivers seat, at least the next morning you will know which bag or line is leaking and causing the car to spirally level downwards!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.