1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for help, PLEASSSSSE

Car: 1996 HSE (RHD)

Problem:
When Parking the car, I leave it at off road mode. Night past and a little bit cold. The next morning the car on bump stops, but no EAS Warning. If starting to pump the EAS up to normal mode it will take forver to lift, Then open door and wait 10 minutes, were by the front spring will bounce and heard a Psssss sound with spring on driver side deflates. Confused, but opened soor again and waited another 10 minutes and it pump all 4 x springs to normal and then off road mode.

Then drove 7 kilometers , parked car at work, left it for 2 hours and driver side EAS down to bumps stops. Same procedure, but no Psss sound and car was up and ready for the hole day.

I have tested the car with EAS relay out and in. The one day it will drop then it will not drop.

If it is not the driver side bag, what made the Psss noise when trying to inflate air spring. ?????

I really would like to get this resolve as I am reallllly (Gatvol) struggeling with this and would like to save the hole EAS thing, and not converting to coils.... (Thinking strongly to convert).....

Thanks

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Sounds like you have air leaks galore, have you checked air bellows for leaks and cracks, use soapy water mix in a sparay bottle which can be obtained from most hardware or garden centers.

You also need to test the Valve block for leaks and would say this is where your problem lies..
If you ever find yourself this side I do the larger compressor and complete valve block reconditioning at very very good deals, I usualy drop in price if both are done which is 90% of the time required along with many other things

On the compressor side it is possible to repair yours and can easily be done DIY, piston and sleeve from Rangies is R1500 but it went down recently due to exchange rates, I bring them in for loads of LR guys

Check out my blogspot below for more brain churning problems you should think of doing like brakes etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
viperover

Hoe gaan dit.... :thumb:

Thank you for the reply and info. I will tell you the car have and the Vale Block thing sound great.

On the rangie's EAS we did the following Conversion.

We replace the front air springs with Rear one's and at the back we fitted Bigger air springs (Think Dunlop) from local CPT company Gremeltech www.airsprings.cc

We also changed the EAS compressors to a Gremeltec compressor witch is one of the best thing I did and the buy past vales in the bonnet. :mrgreen:

This morning it did the same thing, Car on bump stops trying to pump the front air spring up, Pssss for a while and then suddenly started to pick up.... :(

So, I will Change the Driver side Air spring and if it does not work, Will let you know ...

OT: I might see you soon, Our HQ is in Fourways....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts