Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have read through the stickies trying to find a solution to my eas problems but no joy. Just wondering whether someone can help. I have no error messages, but if i leave the suspension on standard ride height the rear goes down after about half and hour, sometimes immediately, the nearside rear almost down to bump stops. If I manually overide it to extended before getting out, it stays up permanently. I tried removing the delay relay last night and this morning it was still up so no leaks?, as soon as i put the relay in, the suspension dropped immediately again on the rear only, with the n/s being the lowest again, I have access to autologic and readings from here somewhere - of access 405mm, motorway 445mm, standard 470mm, high 510mm, ext. 540mm
any further help would be gratefully appreciated
thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
334 Posts
Erm...... have you checked for leaks? Just to be sure? Even though it stays up with the timer relay removed?

Since its near side rear that's dropping, just zero in on that. Spray bottle with soapy water in it is best. Park at normal height where the problem is most pronounced, spray air spring liberally with soapy water n check for bubbles.

Repeat at the top o the air spring where the airline enters, at the valve block where the airline enters the valve block and also around the bases of the valve solenoids

Hopefully the valve that supplies near side rear is on top of the valve block. If its one of those underneath then a little more work would be involved!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, air springs do look worn but i've just picked up 2 nearly new ones to check the system in the next few days, had the dreaded gearbox overheat problem as well, even in the morning when i started it, cleaned the plug and spiked the sensor with 12v and it cleared!
I'll post on here as to what happens with the suspension
cheers
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts