RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, this is not my first time dealing with this system. So you all know where i stand, about a year ago I got sick of my eas system and wired it all to 6 switches under my seat. one compressor; one exhaust valve;and the rest inlet valves and each corner. i left the harness off and have a good pump. My rear bags sink once every week or two(not much) so I just click some switches and pump them up. The other day, it stopped working,(worked perfect for a year) all my connections are good(soldered not crimped) and my solenoids seem to be clicking when i hit my switches. I KNOW its not the wiring. Any ideas? does anyone have full diagram of the hoses and valve block? Is my inlet solenoid not allowing air to go to my bags? I also checked terminal 13 to confirm that there is air in the tank and am at 12 volts. If I had the cash I would take her in or do the spring conversion, but I don't. Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry, but we would all be more help if it was stock. The problems are usually typical.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
venicegrey said:
..... my solenoids seem to be clicking when i hit my switches. .....
seem to, or do? if one isn't clicking that's a problem. Are you going through the driver module, or did you wire straight to the solenoids?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything is stock. the only difference is I put switches on the wires by the ecu. nothing has changed. The solenoid is clicking, so I am assuming its working.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok,
go to http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=13&Itemid=29
Down load and install rave disk 2.
In section 60 page 7 it has a schematic of the pneumatic circuit (as you say yours is stock it should still be applicable to you).
The section also describes the valve and solenoid sequencing for both inflation and deflation activities. This should aid you in tracing your fault.
Some options are, solenoid(s) not opening or stuck open, NRV problems, diapham leaking, line rupture etc. ie air is not getting to, (or is being diverted from getting to) the springs themselves.
"Clicking" in and of itself provides very little diagnostic value. Time to inspect the actual internals of the block itself.
http://www.rover-renovations.com/kb_results.asp?id=24 gives an excellent step by step guide on rebuilding the pnematic elements

1 - 7 of 7 Posts