RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Driving on the highway this morning, once of a sudden 2 beeps and the display says max 55kph.

When I connect the Nanocom the only message I get is can't communicate with ECU, the EAS does nothing, no pump running, when I open the doors she doesn't level herself, the ride height can't be changed, EAS is completely dead.. :(

Fuses and relays are good.

Does this mean the ECU is stuffed? Where is it located?

Thanks for any advice

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
With a 4 pin relay instead of the timer, you can't connect to the ECU. One of the downsides of that mod, sooner or later the timer relay gets lost, a fault appears and you can't do anything about it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With a 4 pin relay instead of the timer, you can't connect to the ECU. One of the downsides of that mod, sooner or later the timer relay gets lost, a fault appears and you can't do anything about it.
I know, but for now it's going again

·
Registered
257 Posts
The best mod of all time - and all for $5.95. GOLD.

https://www.techbrands.com/store/product/sy4070.aspx is the part Australian users need but that relay appears to be available widely.

Perhaps a new sticky thread on the top of the page with tried and tested modifications; I would definitely put this and the four Schrader valve EAS manual pump up modification in there.

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
But that relay is a simple 5 pin changeover relay (the same as the green ones in the fusebox), you only need a 4 pin but with either you still can't connect diagnostics without the timer relay. Rather than fitting 4 Schrader valves on Tees, it's better to just keep them in the glovebox to be fitted if needed rather than add 16 further potential leak points.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I agree Richard, I keep schradervalves in the cubby and not connected with T's. Doesn't take long to use in an emergency, and a lot less fittings that can leak.
As for the timer relay, I keep that with my Rovacom, so I'm never caught without, eiter for my own cars or for a customer. And if need be, you can still use diagnostics with a standard relay, by cycling the ignition to mimic the on/off effect.

Filip

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that timer relay not sold new anymore?

Only can find 2nd hand ones..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts