RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover P38A
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 RR 4.6 has been sagging on front right corner for a few weeks periodically. last night system went into fault mode with max 35 MPH message on dash and all lights on the level control solid. Truck was at max hieght in rear, mid range on front left and bump stops on front right. The dash also showed the truck to be in full hieght position (orange Arrow). In the dark and rain I attempted to jump the ECU but before that noticed a loose electric connection on the side of the under left front seat (once cover removed). I point out the connection was not on the front where the ECU jumpers are located. I pushed the connection together and started truck, all was back to normal and the truck went to normal level and held air at least until this morning. I dont know what I will find when I return.

1)Question is is there a eletric connection on the side of the ECU (under the left seat but on the side not front)that could have been the problem (was drak and raining so I did not investigate fully then, was just happy the EAS was working for the time)

2) Also since the truck only begins to sag on the right front corner periodically would there be a leak in in the EAS valve rather then on the hose line or air bag for the corner.

I know this is a lot if information but hope someone can put piece together potential soultions.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
yes, the delay relay is under the seat, towards the door, was probably that. If a connection is loose and there is no power to the ECU, the BECM will put up the hard fault message because it's not getting the "all clear" signal from the EAS ECU, with power restored all will be normal again.

The random sagging on the RF points to a leaky airspring bellows, if it was a line or oring it would be constant. The leaks in the airsprings can be self-sealing, depending on what height it's at. put it in offroad height when you park and it probably won't move an inch overnight.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover P38A
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks (a little delayed) for the reply. Will go with new front airsprings and hope it is correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts