Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello world, I've never needed to post before because all the info is searchable. I'm in NYC and it just dumped 12" of snow and its freezing. Normally I would have no prob crawling under my baby to get at a problem but burrrrrrrr! My EAS problem seemed to start when it got cold. A few mornings ago my 99' 4.0 seemed to have a leak because the front would pump up and then go all the way down as it leaked out. The leak was loud and seems to come from the right bag area. Both rear bags seem completely unaffected. After driving a bit it fixed itself and and worked perfectly until this morning I looked at it and the right front is all the way down and the left is just a bit higher. Rear unaffected. I replaced the rear bags with arnott gen 3's this summer and when I looked at the front they seemed brand new, possibly replaced by the used car dealer I bought it from.

The symptoms seem specific and I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what the problem is. I want to spend as little time under the rover in this weather.

Thanks a million!

-Thor

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Sounds like your ORings at the bags have shrunk or cracked in the extreme cold.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
The cold plays havoc with air systems for sure. I lose 90lbs in 3hrs in my big rig when it gets way below freezing, and can never find the **** leak when i get hom with the creeper!
I would also suggest o rings. You may be able to access from either the top under the hood, or from the wheel well, I can't remember for sure.

Martin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, thats what i figured. I guess its time to start thinking about renovating the EAS. I bought a bunch of collets and orings for now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

After a lot of EAS problems I dicide to replace all the o-rings inside the valve block.
Approx. 50 0-rings to go ! and a 5 hour job.
I put also messing inserts 4 mm OD inside the 6x1 mm and 8 mm airlines to prevent deformation by o-ring pressure.

Result is great, no more EAS problems, it works perfect and it stays overnight like a rock.

P38 1999 280.000 km

Regards,

Klaas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts