RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
9 Posts
Hey guys,

So I need a new eas pressure switch for my '99 4.6 HSE. The cheapest I've found is $95 at British Parts of Utah, my usual choice for parts.

And second question,
I'm not sure how the pressure switch works or where it's located or anything like that, so I'm unaware of the difficulty and time it'll take to replace it when I bring it to the dealer with part in hand. Any clues on how much they'll charge and how long it'll take? Can a smaller auto shop do it instead, for cheaper?

Any info will help! Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
The valve block has to be pulled. The switch is underneath it. I certainly would not have a mechanic with no Eas experience do it. I just rebuilt my valve block and it's not too complicated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had on and off EAS problems since the day I got my rover. So most of the time I just ask to clear the computer at the dealer since I've already replaced any leaking springs, and semi-recently put in a rebuilt valve block. A few days ago when the EAS fault came on for the first time in a while, I figured since nothing seemed off about the suspension, I just wanted it cleared. Dealer told me from a quick check it's the pressure switch, hence the hunt for a pressure switch haha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:
Asked if I could bring in a new switch and have it put in, plus price questions. The guy told me it'd be best to just do a coil conversion.
Good idea or not?
I've already put so much into the air suspension, I'd rather not waste all that time and money away to do a conversion.

Jeez I'm in need of some opinions! Ha, someone help me out please

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
DO NOT CONVERT to coil springs !!! I have jhad a p38 for 7 years, my other half for 12 years. All the converted ones I =get in at the workshop are less stable on the road, less economic on fuel and not comfy at all.
we sell the pressure switch for about 50 euro incl VAT. Google it and you'll find a similar price in the US .
For the job I charge one hour. Whatever that is on you side of the pond you won't spend more than 100 euro to get it fixed. You can put the switch in yourself, it might take you two hours so what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts