I picked up a odd fault on another P38 working compressor alot, after using the wonderful free EAS software I discovered that the wiring for solenoids were wrong on rear as if pipe connections were swooped about, but who knows could even be from the EAS driver unit being wired incorrectly during assembly so I now test each solenoid to check if it relates to the command on the software.
depending on what's actually wrong, you can range from nothing at all, to a hard fault (at the most in-opportune time). If it is a bad sensor, you can go for years, just be stuck in normal hight, no highway or offroad height.
Don't forget that for later model P38s you can swap the sensors from side to side and utilise the hitherto untouched portion of the variable resistor track...just like a new one!...unless of course it's been done previously.
Tell us all a little more about swapping height sensors to track on unused portions of the rheostat. Many of us probably have aging rovers and if doing this gives us many more years of no trouble with sensors, everybody should do it. Thanks!!! `)
Yipe but it dont always work 100 %
Opening them up and cleaning up with switch cleaner works well though I've had a few that were way to far gone, seems the carbon tracks become possibly to resistive with age..
The original poster "Spiggy" has now sold this Rangie and moved onto another planet where Land cruisers make sense.....like we all should do... 8-|=
I didnt say that
I dindt say that
no no no
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.