RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Converting some of my P38 back to EAS after coils.

This truck in question:
Truck will rise and lower when pressing the switch.
No leaks, good valve block etc.
No override harness
No cut wires apparent
Ride height lock button not pressed.

When the truck starts dash says EAS Manual and goes away. All 4 lights on the switch stay on and the high ride dash light stays on. But suspension works fine and switch works fine.
Blackbox shows no faults
EAS Suite shows no faults

EAS Suite, usually, when plugged in, will make the dash beep and the slow 20 or 35mph warning message comes on. This truck it does not. It sometimes says EAS manual, other times does not, but usually doesnt beep either. For S's and G's, swapped the EAS ECU and the timer relay too, same.

Any thoughts? Have been scratching my head here.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The override harness isn't needed, it can be done with a couple of links in the plug to the ECU. Make sure there aren't any extra wires in there.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,159 Posts
Check at the BECM end too if you haven't already...

Sometimes I've seen splices into the wiring at that end to do the override, rather than at the ECU end - and that could be causing the issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Converting some of my P38 back to EAS after coils.

No override harness
No cut wires apparent
Ride height lock button not pressed.
is there a reference website i can look at regarding these points? yesterday i pulled all the EAS bits out of a wreck ready to fit to my drive car today. i figured i'd get it all in and then work the rest out. unlike my other P38, this one doesn't display "EAS manual"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts