RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I just purchased my first Rover. 1999 P38 4.0
I have a bookmark on my A/C system, compressor does not engage at all. I need to check freon level.
Cruise control button on dash does NOT light up, cruise does nothing at all when set button is pushed.
Air suspension buttons on dash do Not light up at all. Up/Down rocker switch does nothing.
No error messages come up when started exept the "EAS Manual" message.
Any help would be really appreciated, Thanks in advance, Keith

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Re: EAS Manual, Ais Suspension Switches do Nothing

Are you sure you have air suspension and that it wasn't converted to coils? Search will get you on the right track for each issue.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts

It helps when you let us know where you are..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Dang! Thanks for all ur inputs and Laughs! Lol
I feel really stupid now. It Does have the coil sprimg conversion!!!!
Ok that's done!
The cruise had a bad vacuum leak but the dash light still will not illuminate. Oh well it works Now.
As for the A/C, here's where I am so far: the clutch will not engage on the compressor, No voltage at plug. I can
Run a hot wire to the compessor and turn it on maually, I did this to check the freon. Its Ok. The air blows very cold and the pressure looks good on the gauges.
The condenser fans run. All my different vents blow properly out of their respected areas. The temp gets warm on
Both sides as it should. All the fuses and relays are good. I need more help please. I'm stuck. The Book Symbol
Comes on within 3 seconds of starting vehicle. Can someone help me diagnose the pressure/cycling switch?
Its kind of hard to get to but I can see it. Thanks again Guys!!! Back to Cow Tipping while I wait! Lol

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts

Replace the Trianary switch..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

OK, is that the pressure switch on the accumulator bottle? Is there a way to test it to make sure it is bad before I drop a $100 on it?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts

Scotty said:
Replace the Trianary switch..
I had the same problem and couldn't imagine that my last year AC refill was shot. I thought about the trianary switch but a friend of mine convinced me to test for refill. Solved it like that.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts

Cowtip said:
How did you Reset the Book mark on ur display?
Fortunately the chequebook symbol will usually clear itself if the issue is corrected. I would pull and swap your relays around under the hood first. This has cleared easily 80% of the errors rbought to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

UPDATE: I replaced the Trinary switch with one from a junk yard today. Worked like a charm! A/C cycles now! Everything is working great now but the check book symbol is still on. I can deal with it though. Anyone know how to pull codes out of it to see what it is finding wrong?
Other than that, I'm loving my new Rover!!!! :thumb:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts