RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, i went with longer shocks to go with my Gen3. I lenghtened both sensor arms of my rear height sensors and used Dennis sensor extension on the lower arm. Tried to recalibrate using calibration blocks and EAS Suite program. My process was : 1. Inser the block, 2. Lower truck on it, 3. Read sensor values and write them down, 4. Inject those values in the Calibrate section. It seems to work. I do not have out of range errors or whatever BUT truck reach his height then deflate the back a little bit, then inflate the back ie dance and compressor work. Once running sometimes it deflates one side ( once the left, once the right). All my system is leak free. Valve block has been rebuilt last month and is a 2005 model. Gen3 are fine. Please help me :(

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
I had a nightmare with a T4 calibration, Flo. Turned out to be a weak compressor. :think: Your's sounds different though. Any fault codes or strange things going on with Live Data?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich998a said:
I had a nightmare with a T4 calibration, Flo. Turned out to be a weak compressor. :think: Your's sounds different though. Any fault codes or strange things going on with Live Data?
Rich, i tried the T1 calibration (mine is the old T1 Testbook) without success. At the third step, system wants me to take the little blocks out and i can't because the truck doesn't want to go up.

So i used the EAS Suite Program. I don't know what's going on.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
I found when calibrating, the compressor was so overworked that the T4 system sort of 'timed out'. It didn't say that directly, but it just didn't store the correct values and reverted back to the original. A new compressor sorted that out though.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rich998a said:
I found when calibrating, the compressor was so overworked that the T4 system sort of 'timed out'. It didn't say that directly, but it just didn't store the correct values and reverted back to the original. A new compressor sorted that out though.
That was my impression. The thing is i do have a big compressor.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Forget Testbook, just use the EAS software - far easier.

One thing to remember though when calibrating, is that after setting new values, you need to 'move away' from those values (tell EAS to move up/down a few levels), then come back to the setting you have just made. The potentiometers are trying to measure the smallest of angle changes and due to the natural 'slop' in each of the connections in the sensor arms, it just can't measure some of the tiny differences needed. By moving away and coming back, it is far easier to setup.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
with the "one side up, one side down", I've seen that with crossed airlines at the block after a rebuild. it'll be fine for a while, then it'll get confused and go lop-sided. open the valves manually to verify the lines are right, to eliminate that posibility.

My next suggestion was the same as Paul's..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts