RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 L322 HSE

Symptoms: 1/2" lean to right side of vehicle. Lean is enough to cause vehicle to dip down and steer to the right when slowing down

Diagnosis: no air leaks, new arnott front struts, calibrated by Indy shop and car will not calibrate the 1/2" Lower on right side or 1/2" too high on left side whichever it is. Alignment has been done and came out successful.

Side notes: Indy mechanic mentioned cross link valves were slow to open. Also no error codes in the EAS system at all

Question: should I buy the rsw solutions software to try to adjust values manually since it can't do it by itself or could it be the front valve block stuck open or closed? Or part way? Suggestions?

·
Registered
122 Posts
If the struts were just replaced and the difference in height occurred after the replacement first things I'd consider:
1. Incorrect calibration by your mechanic.
2. Subtotal sealing where the hose connects to the top of the strut.
3. Defective strut.

If the struts were replaced and the vehicle height was initially symetric, but the right has begun to sink, I'd consider:
1. Development of a leak in the air bladder, or O rings that seal the bag to the strut shaft.

Valve blocks fail, but much less frequently that the air bladders.

You mention "no air leaks" but they are not always easily detected. What tests were performed to lead you to that conclusion?

Does this only involve the front of vehicle? ToadHall has described the correct measuring technique on multiple posts.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
I wouldn't count the valve blocks entirely out of the picture, but if they are bad it's usually in the morning after sitting for a while you'd see the leaning. I'd look into investing into Storey Wilson's "All Comms" system for calibration. From there you can calibrate the truck yourself so you know it's being done correctly, plus you can see any hidden EAS codes that there might be. Keep in mind that it is possible you might need another alignment after your sort out the system.

Good luck, I know how annoying EAS can be.. But it is a machine, and machines can be fixed whether it's difficult or not :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vehicle is leaning before I shut it off and the same measurements exist the next morning it doesn't sag down over night nor does it deflate while driving it just never inflates all the way but it's not only the front which is new but the rear on the same side. Altogether the front right and rear right measure the same 1/2" lower than the left front and rear left. I'll have to verify with Indy mechanic which exact tests were done to check for leaks but the RSW solutions might not be a bad thing to try I suppose

I wouldn't count the valve blocks entirely out of the picture, but if they are bad it's usually in the morning after sitting for a while you'd see the leaning. I'd look into investing into Storey Wilson's "All Comms" system for calibration. From there you can calibrate the truck yourself so you know it's being done correctly, plus you can see any hidden EAS codes that there might be. Keep in mind that it is possible you might need another alignment after your sort out the system.

Good luck, I know how annoying EAS can be.. But it is a machine, and machines can be fixed whether it's difficult or not

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
So what you're saying is that it starts leaning once you shut the vehicle off?

When you're driving along, it is completely level?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the vehicle never gets to the right level it's like the stored values tell it to just stop there and is not just one it's the entire right side that dips the exact same amount front and rear 1/2" it doesn't go down after driving it or after leaving it overnight it just never gets to the right height and it always stays at that 1/2" difference from the Other side

So what you're saying is that it starts leaning once you shut the vehicle off?

When you're driving along, it is completely level?

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Then I would invest into AllComms. Something tells me that the indy shop you have isn't doing it right. If you need any help with the calibration, Storey of RSW Solutions is very prompt with emailing, and we the forum are always here.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
1. Incorrect calibration by your mechanic.
There is nothing involved in a strut replacement that involves even touching a height sensor. There would be no need for any calibration to be done as the sensor is not disconnected or moved in any way.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
RRToad, I'm sure the mechanic was just trying to get more money out of the poor guy, of course it's not necessary, but as all "high end" mechanics say: "You'll have better performance and reliability", and that's exactly what the consumer wants, even for $150 more if it means it'll last longer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What the solution Drangers? I have the same going on with my 08 RRSC. I swear the front always sits higher than it should as well. Now I am getting a fault sometimes when the suspension is forced to articulate quickly. Anyone know what causes the cross valves to get lazy? Can they be cleaned or renewed?

I have an 06 L322 HSE

Symptoms: 1/2" lean to right side of vehicle. Lean is enough to cause vehicle to dip down and steer to the right when slowing down
o
Diagnosis: no air leaks, new arnott front struts, calibrated by Indy shop and car will not calibrate the 1/2" Lower on right side or 1/2" too high on left side whichever it is. Alignment has been done and came out successful.

Side notes: Indy mechanic mentioned cross link valves were slow to open. Also no error codes in the EAS system at all

Question: should I buy the rsw solutions software to try to adjust values manually since it can't do it by itself or could it be the front valve block stuck open or closed? Or part way? Suggestions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If y'all came up with a solution I'd love to hear it! I have the exact same thing going on with my 07' HSE. Unfortunately it's been like this for a few years but seems to be getting more and more pronounced as of late. It appears to be most prominent in the right rear but the right front sits low as well giving it a subtle lean to the right that bugs the $h!t of of me! I've already replaced both front air struts, both front and rear front lower control arms, the compressor and control module, the LR ride height sensor, had it calibrated twice and looked at by 3 different shops. It still leans.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to the forum but I would love any one who can help me with my problem. I have a RRS 2007 hse I just purchased it last month. The problem I'm having is suspension fault coming on time after time but when I stop the car and switch off the engine then starts it again the fault disappear and it rides normal. Some times when I park the car it leans on the right side. I have done a lot of research and it's telling me ride height sensors again I'm reading on other forums they are saying calibration???? Any one who can help?. Thanks

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm new to the forum but I would love any one who can help me with my problem. I have a RRS 2007 hse I just purchased it last month. The problem I'm having is suspension fault coming on time after time but when I stop the car and switch off the engine then starts it again the fault disappear and it rides normal. Some times when I park the car it leans on the right side. I have done a lot of research and it's telling me ride height sensors again I'm reading on other forums they are saying calibration???? Any one who can help?. Thanks
Hi
Disconnect battery and wait for a while. If you have a leak you will see
You can wright the heights of all corners and than check
It could be airbag, height sensor but mostly exhaust muffler or air dryer in the blackturtle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts