RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Hi all. Year 2000 P38 4.6 Vogue on LPG

Under the bonnet today messing about with bits and bobs and heard a hissing sound. It's coming from the pipe labelled 6 on the eas which I believe is the pipe to the reservoir. F on the picture. (this isn't a picture of my EAS. Its a generic picture from Google to illustrate what im talking about)

easpipes.jpg
    Depending on how you move the pipe makes it better or worse. If I push the pipe really hard into the collet, the leak stops. However, I'm not up at all on the EAS and I can't find the answer on here or google.

I assume that either or both the collet and O-ring are no good?

My question is, how much air is in the reservoir? Can I just pull the pipe out of the collet and get on with sorting it with a new collect and O ring, or is depressurizing the eas needed to do any work?

I've currently pulled the EAS timer relay from under the passenger seat and replaced it with a standard 4 pin relay to stop the suspension doing anything after locking the car and thus potentially waking the BECM constantly.

Do I need to be seeking garage assistance or is this a job I can fix at home?

Thanks very much

Chris​

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Of course you can just remove the pipe. It's only air. Replace the Orings and you should be good to go Collets rarely fail and then it's usually due to some shop monkey bending them.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
113 Posts
Like RR said, yes you can do it..probably one of the easiest fixes out there. Get a flat blade screwdriver, depress the collet and pull on the plastic pipe going into the valve block, there will be a big rush of air (earplugs please) and inspect the o rings and collet, replace if needed or place a dab..petroleum jelly, very small amount around the plastic pipe as a lubricant and reseat, it goes in a bit..spray soapy water and look for bubbles..no bubbles = leak fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts