RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 L322 Supercharged with 75k miles. A month ago the right front air strut blew out, so I had a local independent Land Rover shop replace both front air struts with new replacements (new parts not rebuilt). Things were great for a week so, now every morning the front end is on the bump stops. Upon starting the vehicle, the front end automatically raises to normal drive height. This happens by itself without activating any of the air suspension buttons. The vehicle is perfect throughout the day, but deflates overnight. From reading all the archived posts, I'm certain that the cold temps. (25-35) are a contributing factor. The Rover is not garaged and stays outside overnight. The mechanics at the shop are stumped. They are quite knowledgable on Land Rover EAS systems. They clear all the fault codes at every visit.

Has anyone had the same problem and symptoms? Your insights are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Well if they're throwing away codes, can we have them instead?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well I think we can safely assume that the struts aren't leaking. How about the front manifold? I had a problem with my LR3 where it would go down to its stops overnight, so I pulled the fuse on the circuit which keeps the vehicle level when the ignition is off. Theoretically if a strut is leaking then only the wheel with the leaking strut will go down, and if the manifold is leaking only that "axle" (front or rear) will go down.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
758 Posts
I have not experienced the above problem with my L322's but have on LR3 and LR4 cars which use a similar system. I agree with sowr's post, if the front goes down evenly it means there is a leak in the front solenoid valve RVH500060. (manifold)

I have successfully fixed the issue on a few cars by stripping and cleaning the valve which is very simple. They tend to get contaminated by white powder which is from aging desiccant in the dryer. Ideally one should change the desiccant as well or the problem will reoccur later but it will take a while so cleaning will sort out the immediate problem.

When dismantling the valve you have to make sure all three solenoid valves are stripped fully and cleaned. The center one is often not stripped fully and this is normally the main cause of the leak. Pay attention to the many small 'O' rings which vanish if you are not careful.

If any of the O rings are damaged they should be available at any Pneumatic shop and considering your temperatures it may be an idea to renew them anyway but I would try cleaning first.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have not experienced the above problem with my L322's but have on LR3 and LR4 cars which use a similar system. I agree with sowr's post, if the front goes down evenly it means there is a leak in the front solenoid valve RVH500060. (manifold)

I have successfully fixed the issue on a few cars by stripping and cleaning the valve which is very simple. They tend to get contaminated by white powder which is from aging desiccant in the dryer. Ideally one should change the desiccant as well or the problem will reoccur later but it will take a while so cleaning will sort out the immediate problem.

When dismantling the valve you have to make sure all three solenoid valves are stripped fully and cleaned. The center one is often not stripped fully and this is normally the main cause of the leak. Pay attention to the many small 'O' rings which vanish if you are not careful.

If any of the O rings are damaged they should be available at any Pneumatic shop and considering your temperatures it may be an idea to renew them anyway but I would try cleaning first.
I had similiar problems under the heavy climate conditions. Outside temperature is now below-30C and rangie is always going down.

I replaced front air strutrs helps but not solved the problem completely. Cold air is decreasing the air pressures and some valves always freezing

I will rebuild the selonid valves. The biggest problem is couldn’t find the dryer for air suspension. I am coocking every summer the silicons to drying them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts