RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks all in advance for any advice your able to offer! I've been reading and reading and there seem to be a few folks with similar symptoms, but not a lot of fixes that I've found work.

I had all 4 bags replaced. Replaced the Air Compressor, and rebuilt the valve block (O rings and seals, etc.)... I put the truck back together (Im a pro now!) and then realized that no air was entering the tank... so, I took it apart again, and realized that I had misplaced the orientation of the valves... no air coming in... then, assuming that all three were wrong, I replaced them in the opposite fashion causing there to be no air release causing the truck to go on its highest level and staying there (it was trying to correct itself)... I ran a diagnostic and received relief valve stuck, so I took it apart again, and corrected the valve issue, however.... It still won't release air, and continues to be at the highest level... Is it possible I screwed up the orientation again? I set it up to mirror the non return valves outlined in the rebuild forum...

What next?

http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetail ... 20nrvs.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: EAS Issues.... again... FIXED!

Fixed it!! Apparently, in all of my ineptness with working on this project, I stumbled on the solution (I think anyway - its working).

Apparently, the first time I put the Valve Block together, I pinched both of the wires for the relief valve in the screw.... rookie mistake (using screw gun instead of screwdriver to save time... tisk tisk).

Well, I caught it the first time, but only repaired the damage with some electrical tape... On a whim, while verifying that I in fact put the valves back in correct order, I decided to strip the wires where the original damage was done, and re-plumb the wires with solder... well, that must have been the issue.

Running as good as new!!

What did I learn from this? Check, and re-check... then check again... something as simple as a crimped or damaged wire can cause error to items that require a steady and consistent flow of electricity to function.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts