RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about a month after a new valve block (with controller), new bags all around, and a new compressor. Last night was the coldest here in this season so Im' not sure if this is related...

Woke up to find rover low... not on bump stops. Got in, heard the compressor kick on. Level indicator won't stop blinking, and does respond when pressed...

It never hits a fault even after trying to get it to do one after 15 minutes of blinking.

Got it home after a short drive, and decided to check to see if any fuses had blown, which none had.... all tubes were well seated.

Hooked it up to the laptop, which didn't return any errors...

Decided to take the block out and just double check things... put it back in... same thing... blinking and no movement (again, compressor is working).

I decided to then disconnect the exhaust from the dessicant tank and connect it to a compressor... it shot right up into position, no issues...

Not sure what the issue is, but is seems that the output of the compressor is bad, despite being brand new from a dealer.

It doesn't feel overly hot and is not shutting off.

Anyone?

·
Registered
966 Posts
you need to tie in a pressure gauge to see whats going on in your reservoir. That'll help.

·
Registered
151 Posts
In your post you don't mention replacing the air dryer
When you refer to the dessicant tank,i take it that is the Air Dryer unit.
It sounds to me that the air dryer unit is blocked not completely but enough to cause your problems.
I have recently had a compressor problem and on replacing it was advised strongly by a local inde garage to replace the air dryer aswell and for the sake of £30 i did,they informed me that they do over time block up.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
I had a very similar problem but had failed to seat the pipe to port 5 properly.

Also, are you 100% that you have pushed the eas multi connectors home fully, and that none of the pins have slipped back out of their holders? I guess you had to fit the two red cables from the overpressure switch into the plug -are they fully home?

Just go back slowly over everything and you'll find it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting you mention the overpressure switch... the cables came undone immediately when I put them back into the rover, so I've re-seated them... it still occurs though...

I did notice, that the housing on one of the red wires at the base of the plug is barely exposed... I'm going to try and seal this with some liquid tape, but I'm not sure if this is enough to create a drop in the voltage to affect the switch.

I'm not even sure that the overpressure switch would even create this symptom, but what do I know!? ;-)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul,

Great call... I didn't even think of the air dryer being plugged... I'll try bypassing the air dryer to see if it helps... I would certainly say that the output from the dryer was not as high as I expected.

I'll report an update.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bypassed the air dryer... no dice... I must have a leak somewhere. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No luck finding the air leak... it's not at the block, and not at the front connections... and not at the tank...

I think it's time to trade it in... too much frustration with this one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts