Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· JACK'S GRANDAD
9,310 Posts
I had to look that up....
What you need to do first is address the problem, not throw parts at it in a vain hope of fixing it.
If you have a bag leaking, it will just screw up another compressor.
What Carl said costs nothing but a spray bottle and some dish soap and water. If you can replace parts for cheaper let us all know....
YOU will have to see what happened before anyone here can accurately help you solve any issues. Anyone who posts anything else is guessing with your money. Listen to who you choose, just be careful that not everyone here is good at diagnosing problems in a way that is cost effective.
Your income has nothing to do with owning these rigs. Your ability to search here, read, comprehend, and then put that knowledge to good use does though. Learn your vehicle, get dirty while fixing it yourself, enjoy it. With a little effort you can keep an early L322 in tip top shape

Martin

· JACK'S GRANDAD
9,310 Posts
Again, thanks everybody including Burcin. All this help is appreciated. Of course it generates more questions.
1. Many parts websites offer struts (or other parts) for the L322 but if I look further, do they apply to a 5 L Supercharged Rover. Like Island 4X4 says their struts are for L322 with 4.2 L engines. Does the 2011 Supercharged use different struts than other 2011 Rovers?

2. I intend to start by checking for leaks. But if I rebuild the compressor and fix/replace the dryer, what sources do you recommend for these items? It looks like compressor rebuild kits are not all the same.

You folks on this forum have restored my opinion of my Rover. I've always loved it with reservations.

Thanks
Bob

The SC has adaptive dampening, so different struts.
I put new bags/bellows on our '11SC struts from Arnott, zero issues.

· JACK'S GRANDAD
9,310 Posts
Can I replace the air bladder or fix the leak?
Are you bothering to read the replies that have already been posted in your thread?
I answered this question on page 1.

· JACK'S GRANDAD
9,310 Posts
Pretty clear I though, but I'l make it easier....
When the wife bought her new bargain basement '11 SC, it was on the stops.
A front bag was leaking, and like you I was not buying new adaptive dampening struts just for a piece of rubber with a hole in it.
I got new bellows from Arnott. Installed them, and they have been flawless.
One of each of these is what I installed.
https://www.arnottindustries.com/pr...sion/range-rover/l322-w-vds-supercharged/2011

My other issue was a broken plastic front height sensor arm. I remedied that by sliding marine heat shrink tubing over the break. Then glued the two pieces together and slid the heat shrink over the joint. Been perfect since the repair.
The bellows are easy to do, just follow the instructions.

Martin

· JACK'S GRANDAD
9,310 Posts
It's getting to the point where it would be quicker for you to drive it to me to fix the poor thing......rofl

· JACK'S GRANDAD
9,310 Posts
Spraying them was said on page one.
Yes, the system will try to self level regardless of engine on or off.

Martin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.