RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed that my inhibit switch light is on and pushing the button does not turn it off. Therefore, I cannot make manual changes to the ride height (primarily miss using access height for my kids) although the range still makes its minor automatic adjustments while driving. I do not have any faults on the dash so not sure what could be causing this. I am stuck at regular road height which is not the end of the world but am concerned this could be a sign of major impending trouble. Air suspension appears normal at this time. The car is level and I do not hear any hissing leaks. i also had this car serviced just 2 weeks ago and the EAS passed the general inspection. Any ideas what would prevent the car from returning to manual mode on the suspension?

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
You don't state year model engine etc.. assume this is 03-05 HSE NAS... There is likely something wrong with your EAS system (you possibly have a fault) Have a look and see what codes come up with a code reader. It does (locks out manual selection) this so the compressor does not cycle endlessly and burn it out. Possible air leak in the system, compressor fault or some such issue. If you do not have a code reader try RSW solutions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should have mentioned its an 04 HSE Rover. I do not have a code reader so i will take to my independent land rover mechanic this afternoon to have it checked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok a follow up and a question. There was a fault that the air suspension was inactive (obviously) and my mechanic thinks it is due to the compressor over heating. He did not recommend replacing the compressor at this time. I have a question and I just thought about this recently. The suspension became inactive the day after i left my headlights on all night. The car started up fine but I'm wondering if the battery drain was too much to start the EAS? Is this possible?

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,002 Posts
low battery voltage will cause all kinds of weird things to happen with the computers.
That said charge the battery with a 6 amp charger for a few hours and then see if the issues go away

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
772 Posts
if your pump is getting tired, i would recommend buying a repair kit and replacing the ring and liner yourself, not a hard job and plenty of u-tube videos around, will also save you a lot of money !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts