RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I really did try to find my issue with the search button, 1856 post came up. I learned a lot but not what I was looking for.I have no leaks at the bags, or the lines going in to the bags, ( thanks Dennis ) no leaks at the tank, no leaks at the lines going in to the EAS box. no leaks at the dessicate deal thing, no leaks at the tank gauge. So 5.5 hours ago I raised the Rangi to extended hight, rear wheels, from ground to fender arch was 35.5 inches. Front wheels, ground to fender arch was 35 inches. now I am at 35 in the rear and 25 in the front, now I get that the return valve is leaking by, but my question is why did my tank psi go from 80psi to 40? Could the air be exhausting out from the EAS ? :?

Scotty

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Sounds like a valve block rebuild in in your future.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do that, I have a spare, and I purchased an o-ring kit from Dennis at Rover Renovations. I thought that the EAS unit was self contained so when the bags and o-rings were all good externally the car would hold air regardless of what was going on in the block. So is it possible that the air is leaking by and going out of the exhaust. Can I install a check valve in the tank line after the guage, so I don't emptie the tank and wear out the compressor.

Scotty

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
It'll take you longer to install the check valve than it will to rebuild the block. :wink:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool i'll do it in the morning Thanks Carl. Hey do you know of a Rangi Magazine here in the states..

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
I rebuilt the valve block on the kitchen table Scott, takes @1/2 hr the first time round. Just be sure to get the o rings perfectly flat with no kinks etc.
If I was out there I would do it with pleasure, but I am stuck in Va/Md right now :crybaby2:

Martin

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I have the EAS box on my coffee table as we speak. :shock: I also installed my valves to the lines and pumped the rears to 33 inches and the fronts to 31 inches. Thought I would just wait and see if there are any leaks at the bags that I can't see.

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I Rebuilt the valve block and now I have the compressor running all the time and pumping air in to the front bags. So there at the extended hight, even though I have it set on standard hight. Tank psi is at 125
I was so carefull in the rebuild not sure where i went wrong. :( Any help would be great.

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Pull the block and check all o rings Scott.
I had issues the first time too, turns out I had an o ring kinked a little.

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm looking out side for a man with cape, I don't see yet :lol: :lol: How offten should the compressor run once it has reached the selected hight?

Scotty

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
If you don't have a leak it shouldn't.

THe first block I rebuilt I had an ever so slight twist in one of the orings. Drove me up the wall!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Scotty said:
I'm looking out side for a man with cape, I don't see yet :lol: :lol: How offten should the compressor run once it has reached the selected hight?

Scotty
Full tank and at correct height compressor shouldn't run.
I drove myself nuts for 1/2 a day looking for issues, then saw the kinked o ring when I pulled the valve block apart.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I put my back up block in and i'm currently testing it. I don't know the status of the block or the driver I just took off my buddys shelf. It appears to be working ok, but the compressor continues to run so I might have a leak at the collets not seeing any bubbles though. :roll: :roll:

Scotty

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
:)

unfortunately I'm still on night-shift at the "day" job...

check the non-return valves first, and the solenoid placement, something went back together wrong.

with everythign right, the compressor should run every 5 minutes or so...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My tank guage was at 130 psi an hour later it's at 120 psi what should it be? Where is the air going, I know the line goes in to the block but if car is not running shouldn't the air just hold. please remember this is my back up valve block. So would the air be leaking by and if thats the case, leaking by what? The diaphram? Whats the green thing, is that a preasure relief valve. :?

Scotty

1 - 20 of 27 Posts