RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EAS/HDC fault code.... Air suspension stuck in maximum ride height

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I have an 03 L322 model and my EAS is stuck in maximum ride height. It is weird because when shutting off the vehicle, the car slightly rises up, and when starting the truck, after about a minute it slightly lowers but still in permanent off road position. I know its not the compressor or air bags because that would mean the truck would not rise it would lower and as far as the ride height sensors the vehicle is level. Someone please help what could the problem be?

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
Re: EAS/HDC fault code.... Air suspension stuck in maximum ride height

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I have an 03 L322 model and my EAS is stuck in maximum ride height. It is weird because when shutting off the vehicle, the car slightly rises up, and when starting the truck, after about a minute it slightly lowers but still in permanent off road position. I know its not the compressor or air bags because that would mean the truck would not rise it would lower and as far as the ride height sensors the vehicle is level. Someone please help what could the problem be?
is the eas going in to fault mode does it give you eas inactive if so you will need to read the codes it can also be a bad exaust valve on the air compressor you can try to manually deflate the air bags by removing the hoses from the front and rear valves then let the car rise back up to regular level see if it fixes it

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
51 Posts

One of your ride height sensors is probably bad... You need to check the fault codes to see which one it is.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts

I had the same problem, started off by replacing the piston ring on the compressor, wanted to do it anyway, didn't change fault. Plugged into diagnostic and vehicle articulation fault came up. Then another time can bus error, then abs fault code. All triggered because the ride height sensor was broken.

Borrowed a set of ramps, reversed car up onto them and could see the ride height sensor wasn't attached on one side.

I checked the other side and the sensor arm which secures to the chassis just lifted straight off. If you have Xenon headlights then the Right hand rear, drivers side) is different to the left hand side rear. The left is cheaper than the right for some reason, they look identical except the rhsr had a white band on the face of the sensor. LR list 2 different part numbers. I have them written down if you need them.

The new design sensors have a metal collet through the rubber making them stronger and where both of my originals gave way as it's just thin rubber susceptible to dirt and moisture and movement.

It's simple to change over yourself except the small Allen head bolts that fix the sensor to the bracket can be tricky to remove. Also the plug connectors to the sensors are tight and will take some persuasion to get off.

Probably have more room if you remove the wheel but I had a trolley on wheels and left the door open and had stands underneath incase it suddenly lowered.

Get a good allen head socket and tap home and prepare with some wd40 before you undo the 2 little screws. The heads are so easy to round and I ended up cutting the bracket off and replacing the bracket and screws which I've marine greased.
Job done, clear faults and mine didn't need calibrating and selects all heights including access mode.

Could be other factors but if you sensor is the older style then its a likely candidate. £25.50 on eBay LR Direct for LHSR - or Landrover for Rhsr around £75.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts