RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the EAS fault. Mechanic said fault showed left rear valve perminatly stuck. He changed the rear airbags thinking that was the problem. A week later went into the same fault. Mechanic told me it was the valve block so I ordered a valve block but then read that that code meant it was probably the compressor so I decided to go with the compressor instead. The compressor gets it up faster but it runs an awfull lot more than I think it should and the vehicle ends up lowered in the AM. So I decieded to unplug the auto level plug from under the seat to stop the auto level. This morning I came out and the rear end was on the ground and the front was still up. Left rear side about an inch lower than the right.

I guess my question is "is sometimes a left valve stuck really a left valve stuck?"

Thanks

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
sounds like a good leak from the LR valve. it probalby wore out your compressor, so hold on to the replacement, but a valve block rebuild is in order next.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dennis,

I already put the compressor in. I got it from you guys on Tuesday. I will order the valve block then. At least the car is lifting a lot faster in the morning with the new compressor. I am not bouncing all the way to work on the bump stops. But I do want to get the leak fixed ASAP so I don't put too much stress on the new compressor.

Do the actual line running to the springs leak very often or is that pretty rare?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
57 Posts
Just to clarify, the LR valve is in the valve block.

Not a very good mechanic if he thought replacing the airbags would fix it - there are no valves in them.

A valve block rebuild is MUCH cheaper than a new one.

Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts