RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an electrical problem with my 1996 4.6 HSE P38 Automatic. The suspension lowers and a caution light and a do not exceed 55KPH message appears on the instrument panel. The air compressor is running and there is no sign of any air leaks, I suspect a power supply to the EAS ECU issue. Having brought an online workshop manual without wiring diagrams I'm struggling to make sense of the system. Does anybody know where to find the suspension electrical diagram online or what are the power supply and earth pin numbers on the ECU plug?
Thanks Bill

·
Super Moderator
2,312 Posts
Why buy a workshop manual when you can download it for free? Go to the stickie thread entitled START HERE FAQ's and download RAVE. It's the full factory workshop manual including the electrical troubleshooting manual with full diagrams for the whole car. However, I doubt it is power related, either you pump is worn and not generating enough air or you have a dodgy height sensor. Buy or make the diagnostic cable and run the free RSW EASUnlock software to see what the problem is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Richard but I think Rave has gone like my suspension. When I click the link all I get is another page from the forum. Regarding the diagnosis, it is always sound policy to make sure power is arriving and leaving before replacing any components.
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well, if the pump is working as you say, then you know power is arriving, right? But, leave it running with the door open for 10-15 minutes, which will recharge the tank - then see if EAS still misbehaves. You can't go wrong with new seals in the compressor, but first of all be sure that you haven't discharged the pressure by sending it up/ down too much, and then not given it a decent chance to repressurise the tank.

·
Super Moderator
2,312 Posts
When you click the link all you get is a page on another, different (considerably better), forum. Click on the word RAVE in the first post and it will download. If it is faulting while you are driving then the reservoir is losing pressure and the pump can't keep up with demand or it is something else, most likely a height sensor. You need to connect dianostics to know what is causing the fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Walt, downloaded and suspension pages printed. I'll be exercising the multimeter tomorrow.
Regards
Bill

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
491 Posts
I would recommend getting over to Storey Wilson’s RSWSoultions.com web site and getting a copy of the EAS_Unlock software and cables. Has enabled me to diagnose and sort out a few EAS problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi I have an electrical problem with my 1996 4.6 HSE P38 Automatic. The suspension lowers and a caution light and a do not exceed 55KPH message appears on the instrument panel. The air compressor is running and there is no sign of any air leaks, I suspect a power supply to the EAS ECU issue. Having brought an online workshop manual without wiring diagrams I'm struggling to make sense of the system. Does anybody know where to find the suspension electrical diagram online or what are the power supply and earth pin numbers on the ECU plug?
Thanks Bill
He'll mate unscrew the small exhaust at the back of the eas block see that works

1 - 10 of 10 Posts