RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help the dreaded eas problems

The car has just completed a 2000 mile journey and has been sat on the drive way for a day and now wont rise on its suspension the lights are flashing on the dash but the car wont rise.

The pump appears not to be running i checked all the fuses and the relays and all appeared to be ok so i bridged out the pins on the relay and the pump kicked into life and ran i put the relay back in started the car and the pump ran for a short time and stopped but the car didnt move on the suspension the pump felt warm but not to hot to handle.

I have no faults displayed on the message centre to help me either i have tried another relay just in case the relay had died but still nothing any hints or tips appreciatted i have read through other threads but theres so much my brains over loaded with it all.

·
Registered
965 Posts
It's possible that you've had a slow leak, and as you were completing your long journey overworked the compressor. I think it's possible that you've fried your thermal cutoff switch.

If you ground the orange wire coming out of the compressor, and the compressor kicks in, it confirms that your thermal cutoff switch is fried. If this is the case, the part is around $16 at Rover Renovations.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply but im not sure if i have found the problem i went to the car this morning and the battery was flat after starting it with a spare battery i checked it out and the cars not charging so have whipped the alternator out and the brushes are worn out and the rotor contacts are worn so will replace that and start again on the suspension if it was not caused by the lack of power

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
sounds like a bad thermal switch. There is a 3 minute timer, so when you jump the orange wire it won't fire up immediately.

I like to check continuity across the orange/black wires on the compressor, should be closed circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts