RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did quite a bit of pretty hectic 4x4 this weekend pics to follow, on getting into the car this morning there way a terrible sound coming from the EAS compressor I knew the seals were almost dead so knew it was the sound of the pistol rubbing against the sleave to prvent further damage I decided to unplug the main connector to the EAS compressor and did the 170km home on normal ride height locked in. As I arrived in town the mesage display said EAS Fault Slow 55km/h so when i got home I removed the compressor tore it appart cleaned it and put it back in the sound is now gone from the compressor untill my seals arrive but the display still says EAS fault has this been hard logged into the BECM and is the only way to reset it is by using the RSW software or another capable pc? Or will the system sort itself out

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
786 Posts
Come to Cape Town and you can get it re-set for one or three glasses of fine South African wine. Or Russian vodka. Or Winhoek Laager. Your choice.....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be there in two weeks I need to get hold of a cable and the RSW solutions software my trouble will be getting whipment to namibia within two weeks I couldnt handle driving to 1000km with bees all the way

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
55kph is not yet a hard fault where it will drop you to bump stops, it may or may not sort its self out, hard to say without reading faults.

Try again in the morning, have you checked for leaks cos the next move is 35kph and bump stops, not nice so if you can kinda trace a leak or as you mentioned compressor is now quieter then you may be onto a winner

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
most likely a "compressor overheat" codes because you unplugged it, this one will sometimes clear itself, depends on the rover's mood.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still no luck this morning Im down to bump stops will leave the car alone today and over night to see what happens

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jeremy
As per the PM's a couple of options:
1; Fakawe has my cable, hopefully he can post it direct.
2; I have a portable emergency kit that is easily posted.
3; I may even have the bits in the garage to make another cable.

Hopefully we can get the postage from Cape Town easily enough.

Do you have the software? Do a dummy run anyway as if necessary maybe one of us can post it out on a CD.

Dave

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jeremy
I have just dug in the garage and found my other lead (apologies to Fakawe as I may have given you one that has a fault).
I have just tested it and all OK so I have the lead, USB converter and a USB lead ready to go along with my manual kit and a couple of pipe joiners.
If you PM me your address I can go to the post office as I will need to get something to post them in anyhow.

Hopefully SA to Namibia should be rapid post - just tell me what you want? Standard, registered, postnet etc.

Dave

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dave got your parcel today and have installed the drivers on my PC I get the software to communicate and press the unlock button when I press the stop button I immediatly get the EAS fault message again I have tried unpluggin the cable without pressing stop but I still get the same message

·
Registered
483 Posts
You do get an EAS fault message whilst it's plugged in, it goes away once you unplug it.

There are people on here who know much more about the system than I do though - I'm just glad you can manage a decent drive home. Hang onto my phone number if case you need to call en route.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes didnt realise it was supposed to do that it running fine now the EAS take ages to come up thats cos the seal in the compressor is gone Im still awaiting new seals its been over a month of waiting now

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Dont mean to hijack this thread, if you want parts, be it piston and sleeves, eas drivers etc Rangies.com has them, if he doesnt then he'll contact me and I'll make sure he has whats needed on the EAS side, he usually posts next day country wide.

This is for Suothern Africa only, I or Philip do not trade elsewhere

1 - 19 of 19 Posts