RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I was hoping someone might be able to help me with an EAS Fault. I have my 2001 RR on permanent high mode and the EAS Fault lighting up on my dashboard. I have taken it to Les Richmond (very helpful) who has cleared the fault down 3 times now. The fault is 'Inlet Valve Permanently Open'. So, I would like to save a few $s and do it myself, however, do not want to open a can of worms. Therefore the question is, would the simplest option be to replace the inlet valve (after finding which one it is), should I put in to the shop for them to do, or are there any other things to try first. I have tried changing the relay that deals with the EAS.

Cheers in advance

LT

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
that's typically relay 20, is that the one you changed? there may be something wrong in the wiring. VERY low odds that the inlet valve is bad, it may be gunked up and stuck, but shouldn't need to be replaced. You can do it yourself, it's not a hard task, but a bit fiddly.

how long/often does the compressor run? if the comp is running, the EAS can't lower, why the relay is suspect. Could also be the diaphragm stuck shut but that's extremely rare.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced relay 20 to no avail. Having said that, I didn't then clear the fault alarm. I'll try that one tomorrow. I have booked it to the mechanics though. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I second Shupack as well. The error that you're referring to on the dash that comes up- is it the Up Arrow thing that you're talking about?

If it is, this has happened to me, too, and it's usually the relay.

The easiest way to test if it's the relay that's causing the problem, is to pull the relay while the compressor is running. If all returns to normal, then definitely the relay.

Also, while this is happening, do you notice that your car's suspension is going higher than the typical extended height?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts