RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Suddenly my EAS lights are all blinking with dash message "slow 55KPH".
Every time I connect the Nanocom evo and go to EAS faults, it cuts out.
All other ECU s are read without issues.

Your help appreciated.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Check for corrosion in your port.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No corrosion. perfect .

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Have you done the mod of swapping the timer relay for a standard 4 pin? It won't connect if you don't have the timer relay in place.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
I know it's an old post but I need to hookup RSW software in my laptop running Windows 10. It does not not recognize the port.
I use R232 to USB converter cable. The software was running okay with XP and Win 7 on my previous laptop.

Any help appreciated.
So which is it? Nanocom or RSW? Unless you have a very old version of Win10 that is 32 bit you will most likely never get most converter cables do anything. those cables are very old tech and have no 64 bit driver support.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Timer relay was replaced with a known good one about 2 months ago.

I can understand RSW playing up but the Nanocom is fine with all other ECUs except EAS. It shuts down when reading faults in EAS.:shock:.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you mean the Nanocom is shutting down, then sounds like the 12V feed to diagnostic connector has been wired wrong ? Maybe somebody cross connected it to the EAS relay so the power goes off when Nano triggers the timer relay ?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If it is your operating system that is causing the problem you can use VMware Workstation to run XP as a virtual computer on your W10 machine. It is free but you need the XP disk.

I am running XP on my 64 bit W10 using VMware Workstation version 12 so I can run Microcat.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
So, You swapped the timer relay? Why? was it playing up? If so, how so?
Is this the first time you have tried to read it with either method since "new" relay was installed?
It is, of course possible your spare has failed.
Was the base possibly corroded? Hard to see it under there......
Try plugging the old relay back in and try again, or clean relay base if needed.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nanocom works well with all other ECUs & this is of very recent event with EAS ECU.
I'm having this rig for almost 10 yrs, there can't be any wiring cross connections.
Checked OBD port no corrosion to seen but cleaned with contact cleaner anyway.
Changed the timer as it's cover was loose though no issues with it.

I must try with VM ware installed in my laptop with XP . Got the Nanocom re-installed with kernal update but the issue with EAS ECU remains.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Old timer fitted, no change.
Though fault is there I can run the pump via relay and get the car onto standard height (visually ?)
All indicator lights in dash switch stays on after blinking for a while.
Still could not get the VM Ware installed. must try soon.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Managed to get RSW software connected. Read the faults;
0: FL signal incorrect
1: F8:2 hidden
2.: FR signal incorrect
3: F8:8 hidden
4: RL signal incorrect
5: F8:32 hidden
6: RR signal incorrect
7:F8:128 hidden

This didn't make sense to me so cleared the faults got the pump runing & car to standard height.
After that checked the faults again;
0: engine speed fault
1: vehicle speed fault
2: pressure signal constantly high
3: pressure signal constantly low
4: Air supply fault
5:Air supply leak
6:Target height incorrect
7: vehicle has moved

cleared again then
0: FL valve stuck closed
1: FR valve stuck closed
2: RL ....".......
3: RR .....".......
4:vehicle has moved
5: exhaust valve stuck closed
6: FC:64 hidden
7: FC:128 hidden

Cleared all faults & didn't check again as faults seem random. Anyway, now car functions normal without any faults. But in the morning both fronts are down.

Any advise appreciated. Must check what's wrong with the NANOCOM in EAS mode.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Nearly all faults can be traced back to a leak. The valve stuck open or valve stuck closed faults happen when it takes longer to change height than the ECU expects. If both fronts are dropping that would suggest it's time you rebuilt the valve block.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back to base. On road, the 'max 55 kph' came back with switch lights blinking. Came home on bump stops.
Must get the valve block re-furbed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
kapilamuni
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing