Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 12 Posts

· FOUNDING MEMBER
4,551 Posts
TheoR said:
OK, so I have a continuity between the black cable and the orange cable coming out of the compressor so I know I probably have a problem with the thermal switch.
something is backwards. continuity is good, no continuity is bad. If you have continuity you don't have a problem with the TH switch, if you don't have continuity then you're right, you have a problem with the TH switch.

· FOUNDING MEMBER
4,551 Posts
the driver module doesn't affect the compressor starting, if you can't get it to start manually it's not the ECU. possibly bad wiring or the motor itself may be bad.

If you jumper the relay, that should start the compressor.

· FOUNDING MEMBER
4,551 Posts
Shadow Keeper said:
.....I'm sure I read somewhere that after the multiplug for the compressor has been unplugged and then reconnected it takes a couple of minutes for the EAS controller to reset itself and power up the compressor. I could be wrong though...
that's true. if you unplug the compressor (with the ignition on) the ECU will think the compressor has been overheated and wait 3 minutes before it tries again.

1 - 4 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.