RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just receive the dreaded "EAS Fault" on the dash. Everything looks and seems fine, the suspension is still holding, the compressor appears to run normally. I pulled the relay under the seat to "reset", but to no avail.

My instinct is that this is likely the drive box. Should I just order one and go that route or are there other diagnostics I should consider?

FYI...prior to this fault, I had an occassional issue whereby the suspension would suddenly raise to extended height and I would have to use the dash switch to lower back to normal. Also, had two instances where after exiting the highway, the suspension would stay in the lowered position until I turned the truck off and restarted.

Thanks All!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Before you do anything, probably best to diagnose the problem properly. Otherwise, it's going to be an expensive endeavor.

Have you tried the EAS Unlock software? For starters, it's going to get rid of the EAS fault, so you can run the system and diagnose properly.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
Pulling the relay won't reset the system. My EAS has had the odd hiccup every now and then, lights come on but the vehicle stays up and doesn't drop to the bumpstops. I have the reset tools both the software on my laptop with a cable that connects to the OBDII port and also the reset module that lives in the centre console. I've found it useful a couple of times.. So it may not be anything to severe, may even be just a bad connection not sending through the right voltage..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First thing, I just ordered the serial port cable for the reset application. I will give that a shot. Even if it works, I still have this hunch that drive box is acting up based on other posts.

Thanks for the tips!!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
I've seen 1 failed ECU in 4 years, and it had 1/2 a can of Coke in it (that'll kill nearly anything...)

The driver module may be playing up, BUT don't replace it till your sure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. The reset process from RSW worked great. Since it was my first time using, I didn't get a good read on the fault codes. Are they stored off or do you think I need to wait if it fails again?

Thanks again saving me some money....at least temporaily!!

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
thedugger said:
Thanks for the advice. The reset process from RSW worked great. Since it was my first time using, I didn't get a good read on the fault codes. Are they stored off or do you think I need to wait if it fails again?

Thanks again saving me some money....at least temporaily!!
When you clear the faults they are gone for good.

EASunlock is a great bit of software and has saved many of us. Even though Storey Wilson makes it available free of charge, I believe it is only fair that we make a small donation to him as a gesture of thanks.

Whenever I go on a long trip, I am now in the habit of carrying a netbook with EASunlock and the cable. I also carry a FaultMate MSV for other P38A diagnostics.

Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good to know the software is working for everybody but me.I have tried to unluck my EAS for the past two weeks now and still no success.Its giving me the 80,28 digits in the Rx column.Can someone tell me what next to do?I dont want to stop using the Air suspension system.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Edable said:
Good to know the software is working for everybody but me.I have tried to unluck my EAS for the past two weeks now and still no success.Its giving me the 80,28 digits in the Rx column.Can someone tell me what next to do?I dont want to stop using the Air suspension system.
I think they are the codes you get when it has lost synch or cannot establish comms. I had this problem ages ago and it turned out to be a bad connection on my home made cable.
Is the serial port, or USB-to-serial port, ok? Does the port show up correctly in Windows Device Manager?
Another thing it to check and clean the connectors on the OBD2 plug under the dash.
Last thing, and please excuse me for stating the obvious, make sure the ignition is set to the second position.

Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Edable said:

Have you tried changing the com port in under the menu option to number 4?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: EAS Fault - drive box or ECU? - SOLVED

Well after doing all the research and getting the two faults "Pressure Signal Constantly High" and "Vehicle Moving", I tracked it down to the drive box. Lucked out, put a used one in for $25 and it's been working perfect!!

Thanks to everyone's help on this message board. This board is invaluable to anyone interested in running their Range Rover reasonably!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am getting the same problems you are, how did you track it down to the driver module? and where oh where did you get one for $25?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts