RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front air bags will not raise even after jumping the compressor for 20 minutes with the door open. I tried to clear the EAS fault with the EAS Unlock Suite but when I press unlock, unplug everything and turn the Rover on the EAS fault is still there and all the leveling lights are on at the center of the dash.

Can anyone help me as to how to clear the EAS code?

I plugged in the OBDII cable, plugged into computer, open EAS Unlock Suite, initialize and stop then press the unlock button and nothing....

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
are you getting a code out of it? if so, what's it say?

It could be clearing the code but immediately recurring, or if you're having a problem with communications it won't clear/read at all.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what came up after pushing the read button then I pressed the fault button to clear. Then pressed the read button again and it was still there. I use VAG for my Audi's and after I press the clear code button they clear and do not show up again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 : F8:8_Hidden
4 : RL signal incorrect
5 : F8:32_Hidden
6 : RR signal incorrect
7 : F8:128_Hidden
0 : Engine speed fault
3 : Pressure signal constantly low
4 : Air supply fault
5 : Air supply leak
6 : Target heights incorrect
7 : Vehicle has moved
1 : Cannot lower FR
3 : Cannot lower RR
4 : FA:16_Hidden
5 : FA:32_Hidden
6 : FA:64_Hidden
7 : FA:128_Hidden
0 : FL valve stuck open
1 : FR valve stuck open
3 : RR valve stuck open
4 : Inlet valve stuck open
5 : Exhaust valve stuck open
6 : FB:64_Hidden
7 : FB:128_Hidden
2 : RL valve stuck closed
3 : RR valve stuck closed
4 : Inlet valve stuck closed
5 : Exhaust valve stuck closed
6 : FC:64_Hidden
7 : FC:128_Hidden

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
that's a software issue, I've seen other communication problems cause that, unfortunately I'm not the one to steer you for this issue..

·
Registered
949 Posts
Are you using bare wires to connect to the OBDII? If so, you're going to get stuff like that.

OBD connector can be very finicky, so you have to get proper components for them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Using one of those generic VAG Com USB OBD II cables, works fine on my Audi's.

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
258 Posts
I used a cable and software I bought from Ebay and get exactly the same reading as above.One more thing I was also not getting the right Rx response.So what could be wrong.
Anyway I have resulted to manually pump up the EAS by jumping the necessary pins.And its being working that way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 95 classic that was doing the same thing. Once you initialize and get the proper Rx reading, try starting the car,make sure you have a good idle/signal, hit unlock, wait a few seconds. Hit stop on the program, unplug the seriel cable, turn off the car, I let some relays drop out, and then restart the car. Code should be clear.

If you are not getting the correct Rx feedback you need to unplug, shutdown the program and start from scatch.

Mine stays clear for a few days and goes back into a soft lock out with similar fault codes to yours that keep coming back up. Seem to be related to the valve block so when I get a chance I am going to rebuild mine. Will post outcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts