RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Fitted a recon pump and 1 front new airbag, also took the valve block out and had a look at the seals.
All the seals looked ok so I only replaced the seals on the pipes.

The issue I have now is the front has gone high and the rear sat on the bump stops.

And ideas please.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,062 Posts
As you've had the valve block apart I suspect a seal somewhere has come out of it's seat so where you didn't have an internal leak before you have now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be right, just thought it was strange the front up to max and the rear down

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked with computer all ok, one thing to note, it only rises on the front all the way then the ignition is off.

I have took the valve block off again and checked it, cant find any issues. The only thing I have not messed with is the none return valves.

So the position I am at now is the front is up all the way and the rear is down.

Cheers chaps

·
Super Moderator
2,062 Posts
one thing to note, it only rises on the front all the way then the ignition is off.
Is that a typo and it should say it only rises WHEN the ignition is off? I've come across this recently on a car that had had the valve block overhauled. Refused to rise at all even when the engine and pump had been left running for over 20 minutes. But when switched off it gave the familiar tick, tick, tick to level it but instead of dropping a corner or two, the front rose. Turned out that whoever had overhauled the valve block had put the solenoids back in random places rather than where they should have been. Use this diagram http://hardrange.com/downloads/manual/EAS-ValveBlock-v1.5.pdf to confirm they are where they should be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stange checked as per drawing all ok
Fitted another valve block, but before I fitted it checked the connection, both match.
With the new valve block the system is working but slow at going up.
Also when I take the key out the car drops a bit and you can hear a solenoid clicking for 3 secs.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts