RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys i need help with a EAS issue.
My 2002 DSE as just come back from a MOT test and the EAS is not working.

I have had a look at the pump and block but no visual issues.
I plugged my laptop onto it to look for any faults, but none found.

I can run the pump from my laptop and that would seam OK.

everything on the dashboard looks good no faults reported.

Can you help.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
A pump that can be caused to run from the software but won't run under control of the EAS ECU is a common symptom of a blown thermal sensor in the pump. Try linking the orange and black wires to the pump, that will short out the thermal sensor in the pump so it should work as normal. If the MoT tester lifted the car on the chassis, so the wheels dangled, with the engine running, as many will do, the car will think it is beached on the axles so will extend the suspension to extended mode. If the pump was getting worn anyway, the extra demand for air could have overheated it and caused the thermal sensor to fail. Under normal circumstances the thermal sensor should cut out when the pump gets too hot and allow it to run again once it has cooled down but it is very common for them to go open circuit when too hot and never recover.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
42 Posts
I had this happening to me twice I fixed it by unplugging the EAS ecu located under the front passenger seat basically what I did is with the ignition fully off and the key removed i unplugged the ecu let for it out for a couple of minutes and plunged it back in thus resetting it both times after that the eas stated working normally if you still haven't fixed it you might as well try it wont hurt.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all tge information, it did work shorting out the temp switch, but I have found a leak on a front airbag.
I have pulled the pump apart and found the wire broke off, so I am going to reconditioned the pump and valve block and fit a new airbag
Thanks

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
I had this happening to me twice I fixed it by unplugging the EAS ecu located under the front passenger seat basically what I did is with the ignition fully off and the key removed i unplugged the ecu let for it out for a couple of minutes and plunged it back in thus resetting it both times after that the eas stated working normally if you still haven't fixed it you might as well try it wont hurt.
Far easier to remove the timer/relay than disconnect the EAS ecu, also this only works for soft faults and generally you'd have to wait longer that a couple of minutes in my experience - more like 5-10.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Replace both fronts, if ones worn, the other won’t be far behind , also check the rears for wear and tear.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
£50 a corner from Island 4x4, about the same as a tank of petrol......

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just replaced both my front air springs.... and the rear. Super easy and a much better ride.
Mine were quite worn. I got mine from LR Direct. $68 USD each. Cheap and an easy fix

1 - 11 of 11 Posts