RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had an air leak in the front right(that I am hoping is the bag, which I just changed today). To isolate the proble, i removed EAS relay, the truck started the next day. Last night, I left the truck in access mode, did not remove the EAS relay, this morning, the BRAND new battery did not have enough juice to start the truck(all lights and everything worked well).

So, could it be, because the air ride was trying to level itself due to the air ride leak all night, that it drained the battery and with the really cold temperature, the truck doesn't have the power it needs?

Im waiting for my gf to come back from work so we can boost it and I'll get to the bottom of, but I wanna hear what you guys have to say.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
The EAS does not use enough juice in self leveling to drain the battery. However if your BeCM is waking up during the night that can drain your battery. Before you replaced your battery did you complete the electrical sticky above? If not, did you have your alternator checked for proper charging?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 2 weeks ago we hooked up my charging system to one of those gadgets that checks for how well it charges, and ti was fine.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't recall.
Anyway, I believe my initial diagnosis was incorrect (infact the brand new battery may have been entirely unnecessary). I hooked it up to my gf's Volvo, tried to start it, nothing but the "click", and i left it to charge for a few minutes(shouldn't have been necessary since the battery wasn't that low at all), tried again, nothing but a click. Grabbed my jack handle, thought I'd hit the starter a few times. Went in, tried it once initial "click" and then VROOMMMM!

So I believe my starter is the culprit and its on its way out. Is there a sure way to test a starter? Im looking at about 200$ for a re-man Bosch, or should I go with a no name "new" one from ebay for half that?

·
Registered
401 Posts
re-man bosch without question if those are the two options.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rhino_ed said:
re-man bosch without question if those are the two options.
My thoughts exactly. Come to think of it, I should have learned my lesson the first time I bought one of those POS's off ebay. I had on eon my RRC, lasted 5 mths.
Re-man Bosch it will be.

First I am going to start it a few more times and see if it was just a one time thing or if it will do it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts