RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I've just finished taking my EAS control block out and apart for the fourth time. This is getting old.

My NRV for the compressed air tank is worn at the cone tip in an odd oblong way. I've frigged with it, trying this and that, but it just won't seat properly anymore and is regularly bleeding off the compressed air tank which, in turn, over-runs the compressor. The valve block looks factory new and I replaced the seals with Rover Renovations' seal kit a couple years ago. The system is so tight it will sit at height for months. (no joke, it's been sitting in my garage unused, due to ball joint issues that I haven't had time to resolve, till recently)

I need a new NRV. Just a simple thing... or so one would think. I posted about this some time ago and found that Rover Renovations was looking into having some manufactured. Nothing yet? I've Googled for any pneumatic device vendor I could find, hoping to see one of these little assemblies in a diagram or photo. No luck.

Do any of you have a connection with LR that could lead to manufacturer info and contacts on these EAS valve block assemblies? I can't imagine that these NRV's were specially designed one offs for LR pneumatics. Somebody's got to have a pail full of them on a shelf somewhere.

I'm also wondering why a properly sized teflon BB with a cage to keep it from back seating wouldn't work... :think:

I can't be the only member who ever had this problem. It's ridiculous to consider discarding perfectly good control block for the lack of a $2 sub-assembly.

Anyone?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
the other two are not nearly as critical, you can swap them around, I'm on my 3rd machine shop, trying to get some made...

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shupack said:
the other two are not nearly as critical, you can swap them around, I'm on my 3rd machine shop, trying to get some made...
**** good point... As a matter of fact, why did they put them in there... :think: ?

I love it when the obvious escapes me... seems to be happening more with age. :doh:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
rtkraken said:
As a matter of fact, why did they put them in there... :think: ?
to help direct the flow of air on raising/lowering, no sealing there. The BIG question, is WTF was dunlop thinking when they used a NRV as an isolation valve?

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree!

Swapped the valves and all is well. Thanks a million. Can't believe I messed with that stupid valve so many times without really looking hard at the schematics. I just figured I'd be moving the problem child to some other function in the system.

Have you looked at using a teflon (or some other suitable material) ball, backed by a cage? The seats look like they'd work and there should be a good supply of varouis sized plastic BB's out there. The backing cage could be anything of appropriate size that would prevent the ball from backseating.

Does the Classic valve block have the same design NRV's. My son's got a castrated '95. Maybe I could steal the NRV's from his...?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts