RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few weeks i have gone outside and found my RR at extended height. It would take about 10 minutes of driving before it would drop down to normal ride height. On the way to work yesterday the dreaded EAS Fault and Slow to 35mph popped up and all lights began to flash. I stopped on the side of the highway and put it in park and it dropped to bump stops. So im guessing this is condidered the awesome Hard Fault. I limped to work and had a few minutes to play with it. Of course the compressor was not running so I unplugged relay #20 and was able to make sure the compressor was functional with jumper wires, and it was. I turned the ignition on and plugged the relay back in and the compressor kicked on by itself and aired the system back up to normal height. So im guessing now all I need to do is get the EAS system unlocked to use the buttons on the dash correct? And im guessing there is a problem with the relay? I have no leaks anywhere. I am stuck on an oil rig until next wednesday and am not able to check out my RAVE.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Be sure you have the EAS unlock software and either buy or make a cable to troubleshoot the system effectively. RSWsolutions has all the info and videos on how to troubleshoot the system and make a cable.

Read the codes to get a better idea of where to start. You should also do a 'soapy water' test of all your connections to be sure you have no gross leaks.

How many miles on your system since the last rebuild? Scotty sells o-ring kits and compressor rebuilds. Spend a day and do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts