RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 P38 4.6 HSE
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked and have not found any specifics.
I have a problem with the EAS. The compressor does not turn on at all. This happened as I had to spend the whole day driving my mother and aunt around. Both are 5' tall and need to have the RR lowered for them to get in and out. By the end of the day, the RR stopped adjusting. The "Mode" light just blinked on whatever height I selected, but did not adjust. It was stuck on "Access Mode".
Except: When I used EASUnlock from MalafaxDand today. I ran the "Pump On" for 10 minutes, and then brought it from "Access Mode" to "Normal Mode".
I assume the compressor is not dead, but whatever controllers it. Any ideas?
BTW. I(and most likely everyone who has used your software) owe you(MalafaxDand) a multitude of props!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Its just possible that the thermal cut out has burnt out. This can happen if the pump is in poor shape and is overworked.
Its a start, sorry can't be more help. Away from home and don't have my manuals handy.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Yep, odds are your thermal switch is burnt out, likely your piston seal is worn down as well. Both can be replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Just replaced the compressor seal last weekend. Its not very hard or complicated. I used the images at
http://www.landroverwinkel.nl/My_Homepa ... Page3.html (check out the "UK manual" links.

The difference was huge. The old seal was shot at 210K Km.

I spend less than 2 hours working, next time it will be a one-hour job easily. Take it easy when prying of the metal ring, I cleaned up scoring on the ring before remounting it.

Kindest,

Sjoerd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts