Range Rovers Forum banner

EAS Compressor Shorted to GND

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tdreesman 
#1 ·
Hi, I just bought my first P38 and was wondering if anyone knew why the previous owner would have shorted the Orange wire on my EAS Compressor to Ground? As far as I can tell nothing else has been modified. Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
allyv8 said:
John W said:
Probably the over temperature sensor has failed and the input to the EAS ecu has been grounded.
I'll 2nd that. ;)
Any airleak on the system may cause a fire. I had a customer who did that mod by himself, the car didn't last long.

#5 ·
Hi

I had a problem with a compressor where the bearing of the conrod moved out of place causing misalignment of the piston and jamming of the compressor which caused it to burnout. The thermostatic safety device didn't work (it was not bypassed) and the motor burned. The fuse blew and that was it no other damage then a nasty smell and a blown fuse. If it happens to you do not stop the engine as the fuse is also supplying power to the starter motor and will leave you stranded until help arrives with a new fuse. I have feedback from a repair shop here that it is not uncommon for the compressors to burn the motor but have not heard of any damage to the rest of the car in such cases. So maybe 996Turbo's customer has been very unlucky or bypassed more then just the safety.

Regards

Jos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.