RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I went into a hard fault this morning. My quick diagnostics on the curbside was that the compressor was not coming on. Out came my jumper leads and tried to jump pins 1 & 8 on the ECU connector, nothing. I then tried jumping the power terminals on the fuse box for relay 20 and compressor ran. I ran for about 4-5 minutes until i had voltage on pin 13 back at the ECU stating the tank was at operating pressure. Then jumped the solenoids to bring the bags up to a drivable height.

I did swap out the relay with another, the starter relay which is new and same results.

I will need to confirm when I have more time, but i did not register a voltage on the coil side of relay 20 while i have pins 1 & 8 jumped at the ECU.

Why will the compressor not run when jumping pin 1 & 8 but will run when jumping at the relay terminals?

As far as the circiut diagram goes the wire from pin 8 goes right through to the coil on relay 20, is this right?

I will clear the fault tonight and see what the actual reading comes back as.

I am a little stumped.

EAS system has;
New Compressor, ALL new o'rings, new diaphragm

·
Registered
105 Posts
Check the orange wire on the compressor plug, it should have continuity to ground, if not, the overheat sensor is bad. If bad just jumper the orange wire to good ground to fool computer past the fault .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am aware of that on too, and i have a an aftermarkter compressor in there and has a built in heat protection so I have that wire on a permanent jump/connection.

Thanks,
Tyrone

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I hooked it up with EASUnlock suit and retreaved a "FR valve suck closed" fault. Was able to operate the compressor with out any problems.

Anyway cleared out the faults and all seems fine, apart from a pesky sensor (FL) that comes and goes and gives a soft fault which I will live with until i replace it.

So I am still not sure what happened this morning that caused the hard fault but i will have to see how it goes and keep a closer eye on things.

Tyrone

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
"XX valve stuck shut" code is typically a compressor problem. Since all is well, but you had problems with jumping pin 8, you may have a wiring issue, could be intermittent. Now that it's all working try jumping 1-8 again and see if it runs.

Maybe the internal overheat did trip? should be a quick reset delay in it though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
cyclone said:
Yes I am aware of that on too, and i have a an aftermarkter compressor in there and has a built in heat protection so I have that wire on a permanent jump/connection.

Thanks,
Tyrone
Which aftermarket compressor do you have?

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts